Is Turkey the meat not all that?

I think if it wasn’t nice, it was cooked wrong. Ours was beautiful. Tell her to not fuck it up next time.

We had fillet steak, mash potatoe and with a lovely pepper and mushroom creamy sauce. Took me about an hour all in to cook and was sooooooo much better than minging turkey.

I’m with the op on this one. Turkey looks great when you pull it out of the oven but I find that chicken, beef or lamb have much more flavour - we tend to have a small ham joint too. Is it the Yanks that have turkey for thanksgiving and goose for Christmas? I might try goose next year.

I’m with the op on this one. Turkey looks great when you pull it out of the oven but I find that chicken, beef or lamb have much more flavour - we tend to have a small ham joint too. Is it the Yanks that have turkey for thanksgiving and goose for Christmas? I might try goose next year.
Beef or lamb I get, but chicken having more flavour? Really?

It's traditional like carol singing QC sherry and the infant birth and if you don't put it on your festive table well then Christmas may not feel like Christmas so best to follow that herd. However apart from a few disturbed oddities on our Moon I find it nigh on impossible to make a Turkey go moist so this is the reason we have Chicken and pretend it's a Turkey which is easy because they all look the same without their heads on. However for the last 3 years we have metamorphosed to chicken breast crowns that do not have any legs or wings because most folk when polled prefer the breast. It's the same when you go into the Colonels gaff and ask for a bucket and you say no legs or wings please pal and he says OK I will do my best and then gives you one breast five wings and four legs so why is this because it's supposed to be a Kentucky Chicken not a Chernobyl one. Tonight however we are having Argentinian Malbec and fillet steak to watch the game and although its a dearer cut your knife falls through it but then again is it really that expensive when we look at the bigger picture and have just saved a load of money not buying into unwanted wings and legs. Speaking of football I would like to say a big thank you to Amazon for their wonderful Xmas streams and it certainly had the look of HD. I was going to say the commentary was really up to par until some drugged up pundit said Pogba was the best midfielder in the world. Amazon Prime it is then for all your festive free next day deliveries with over two million items of free music and a free TV service to die for. Well done Mr Bezos! Give the people want they want .. and they will come.

Turkey that is too dry has the texture of wood shavings. The one my mum did in Christmas day was way too dry. Mind you she is 86 so I appreciate her effort.

I've been told to try cooking a turkey upside down as it's juices will help baste the breast meat to keep it moist. Sounds like it's a good tip, will try it next bird I cook.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.