Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

Did enough in the end but it’s no wonder we are 13 points behind when we keep churning out performances like that most weeks. It’s so laboured, predictable and lacking any purpose. That style only works when we play with tempo otherwise it’s just side to side passing. Until we scored we didn’t trouble their keeper at all. After we scored they came out and our formation change allowed us to look more threatening but that was more down to them than us improving.

Mahrez had a decent second half to his credit after a non-existent first half, Sterling though was completely anonymous all game, he’s the only runner in the team but doesn’t seem to want to run anymore and thinks he’s a ball player now, needs dropping to the bench for a bit in my opinion.

Garcia didn’t put a foot wrong, deserves to keep his place but I suspect rotation will see him drop out next game, Hopefully won’t be long before he gets a run of games. Said pre-match Foden would get his customary ten minute cameo and Pep was right on cue with that sub almost to the second, should have got longer on the pitch over the last 3 days. Rodri looked a lot better after the switch, game was passing him by too easily beforehand due to his lack of pace, perhaps that’s the formation we need to play with him in the side, might be worth giving it a go from the start next game with mendy and cancelo coming in got to be worth having a look at as opposed to a similar game to today and the last few months.

Don't let the result distract you from the fact we were shit for the vast majority of that game, and thank god for the referee's intervention because we hadn't created a sniff before that got handed to us.
I recon it was peps intervention that really made us win

Ive been inconstant arguments on here supporting decisions that have gone against us.....there goal should NOT have stood for the same reasons as some of ours shouldnt have stood...its offside.....regardless of the margin its offside.....

The rule needs changing but by the letter of the law that goal was correctly chalked off - again however the rule does need to change....I think it should go back to the clear daylight rule between attacker and defender that was in place a few years back - or at least it should be based on the players feet or head (not armpits, arses etc)

Our goal correctly stood (agan by the rules) as the ref didnt actually touch the ball - he did get in the way but thats irrelevant as the rule says if he touches the ball/the ball hits him.
I was stating that their goal should have stood because the current threshold for VAR offside assessment is farcical from a purely technical standpoint (which I and others have expounded upon extensively previously), much less for the spirit of the game. I don’t care if it benefited us today, it’s hurt us and other teams far more, and it is absolutely inaccurate/inconsistent enforcement of the current rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.