Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

I'd like to see more of this formation, it allows us to attack down the middle, suits Mahrez, KdB and probably Bernardo. Makes a change from passing out to static wingers.

2 number 10s and a striker, width provided by wingbacks.

For me at least — and I actually think their disallowed goal should absolutely have stood — the referee didn’t really “do” anything to help us in that incident. The Sheffield player saw where the referee was before he played the pass and the Sheffield player behind him could only run through the back of the referee to get the ball — that is a mistake by the Sheffield player attempting the pass, not the referee’s fault.

Ive been inconstant arguments on here supporting decisions that have gone against us.....there goal should NOT have stood for the same reasons as some of ours shouldnt have stood...its offside.....regardless of the margin its offside.....

The rule needs changing but by the letter of the law that goal was correctly chalked off - again however the rule does need to change....I think it should go back to the clear daylight rule between attacker and defender that was in place a few years back - or at least it should be based on the players feet or head (not armpits, arses etc)

Our goal correctly stood (agan by the rules) as the ref didnt actually touch the ball - he did get in the way but thats irrelevant as the rule says if he touches the ball/the ball hits him.

That was as bad as we’ve played all season I thought but thank fuck we won. Players look so low in confidence and can’t see that helping. Roll on Wednesday where we need to be better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.