Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

Maybe, but changing the whole shape like that in 15 mins against a team the whole league has struggled against is something very managers are capable off.
I just get the feeling its something he came up with during the first-half. Moving sterling and mahrez inside was the genius part I think, they had no answer to it.

If we were closer to our best, and with more intensity I think we could have seen a massacre in the 2nd if we wanted

Yeah it was good in game management, I only caught a bit of the first half due to a very dodgy stream but we looked awful from what I saw. The good thing is we have more opportunity to rest players like sterling if needed.

Way too slow and pedestrian first half. 3 at the back worked much better second half. We did well to get the win against a solid team with less than 48 hours rest. Would like to have seen Jesus and Foden on earlier as they exploited the spaces well. Not vintage City but good enough.

This was always going to be a tough game, Sheff Utd are playing well and it became more important to win after the game at Wolves.

Garcia should be trusted in more games, and partner Laporte when he's fit allowing Fernandinho to return into midfield, before then Freni will have to stay in defence as Otimendi can't be trusted.

Foden needs to start all games going forward, some say he hasn't the legs for 90 minutes, but I'd rather he played the first 60/70 minutes rather than the last 10 minutes.

First away loss all season, we did very well coming off the wolves game.

Loved the injustice from them for our first goal.

What the fuck was the female lino doing not flagging for offside?

I know and in this PC world we live in we don’t even get chants of “stayed in the kitchen, you should have stayed in the kitchen”

Only joking before anyone is offended :-)

Yeah it was good in game management, I only caught a bit of the first half due to a very dodgy stream but we looked awful from what I saw. The good thing is we have more opportunity to rest players like sterling if needed.
Yeah Foden or De Bruyne could easily play his role in this system.
Its also probably the best system for Cancelo, and dare I say it Mendy.

Just glad to see him change it up a bit recently, first with the 4-2-3-1 and now this

Much better second half, they play decent football to be fair to them. Today was always going to be a slog after the wolves game and the way Sheffield United set up. De Bruyne led us again, he has to be captain next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.