Biggest mistakes of the decade.

Can agree with all of that. Left back has been a problem for years.
Strange one that. I was filling in a City team of the decade and I had the choice of Clichy or Kolarov. I plumbed for Kolarov because of his technique - which was incredible at times - but I wasn’t overly enthused about it. He’s no Terry Phelan that’s for sure.

Allowing the FA Cup final in 2013 to be derailed by news of Mancini's departure. We should have won the game. The fans were all talking about it pre-match and the players didn't really turn up.

There have been a few other major issues. Mancini probably should have gone sooner. But overall, 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 4 league cups is a great return. A major trophy every year. We have made it to the CL semi finals and quarters a couple of times and not quite made it but for a side relatively new to the CL that isn't bad. If we can add a domestic trophy and the CL this season then this squad in particular will go down as one of the greatest ever.

The season of 14/15 strikes me as a season of many mistakes.

Not selling Toure to PSG after the 13/14 season. All 14/15 seasons signings infact were poor (Mangala Fernando Sagna and Bony replacing Dzeko!).

But during this time it coincided with the stadium expansion and opening of the Etihad campus so not all bad. Aguero won golden boot

Accepting Liverpool's hush money for the hacking scandal, seems like they had no idea how badly Liverpool as an institution wanted to take Manchester City down or what an enemy of the club they would become off the pitch. Having that to hold over them, would have been useful in getting them and their cronies to shut the fuck up, about a bent law aimed at getting clubs like theirs back to the top of European football.

Makes me laugh when every Liverpool fan thinks their club isn't spending as much as Manchester City or even United for the good of the game. No you morons, you don't have the money to outspend the richest clubs even if you wanted to, you wouldn't have had a choice in the matter, FFP effectively saved your arses from being left behind. Liverpool's owner doesn't want to compete in spending even if the club had it and it's nothing to do with the good of the game, it's the good of his pockets. Stop fooling yourselves and sugar coating everything with red icing.
Bingo. City are exposing the owners of other clubs for what they are - greedy penny pinchers - and they hate them for it because they’re now having to spend their gains in order to maintain some sort of parity.

Allowing the FA Cup final in 2013 to be derailed by news of Mancini's departure. We should have won the game. The fans were all talking about it pre-match and the players didn't really turn up.

There have been a few other major issues. Mancini probably should have gone sooner. But overall, 4 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 4 league cups is a great return. A major trophy every year. We have made it to the CL semi finals and quarters a couple of times and not quite made it but for a side relatively new to the CL that isn't bad. If we can add a domestic trophy and the CL this season then this squad in particular will go down as one of the greatest ever.

How much of an effect did it really have? I ask because we played Wigan a week or so before the cup final and we were very lucky to win. We cleared at least one off the line

What I’m saying is, whilst it may have been a factor I’m not entirely sure it’s a big a factor as people believe

Last edited:
The 2nd half collapse against the rags when we could have won the league against them. Almost a once in a lifetime opportunity, squandered.
Mike Dean, if I remember correctly, didn’t help the matter. The foul on Aguero by Young was not only a penalty but also a red card.

You know, tbh, this thread kinda makes me realise that we haven't really made too many big mistakes in the past decade.

Ticket prices. How we handled Mancini. Joe Hart. Didn't sign [insert opposition player]. Sure beats the hell out of having a Norwegian paper boy as your manager and JLingz as your #10.

Absiolutely. Our biggest mistake was not fucking off all those fans who still think things were better when we in League 1.
And shame on you because before you got that City Matters gig you used to say exactly the same as me about Soriano and what he’s done in the background to our support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.