Caglar Soyuncu

We've wanted him for a while mate. The offer seems very specific too. This could get nasty.

There was talk of a release clause and Leicester trying to remove it by offering him vastly improved wages?

I'm not sure if he has actually penned a new deal as such, but he is very much liked.

We ripped him a new one recently, but then City can do that to any defender.

If this news is legit, it also means Cancelo has asked to leave this month, as I am not aware of another foreign player who has one foot out of the door.

wow! Would be a very nice addition this month if possible but shame if cancelo wants out already?!

He’s literally everything you mentioned but the leader part. But that’s because he’s young and learning from the leader next to him.
Was about to say, if he watched the clip someone posted earlier it shows virtually all those qualities lol.
Anyway, let us know who you'd sign as his replacement and we'll just cut out the middle-man and sign him instead ;-).

I just dont get the excitement factor with him. Hes in a solid defense with a defensive block in front of him. Can he play in out defense? Not seen him turned with a long ball and chasing a speedy forward/winger which is what happens to us constantly. We need a speedy, physical, alpha male CB. A leader who organises and bollocks people who makes errors and praises good defending. Soyunco isnt that for me. Hopefully it's a pass.

Serious question. Have you ever actually watched him play?

I'm not 100% sold on him but anyone who has watched a couple of leicester games this season should be able to see hes extremely quick and physically dominates.

A solid defensive block in front of him? At Leicester? Never had his back turned by a pacey winger? He plays in a high line with wing backs pushed up and only 1 defensive minded midfielder.

It sounds like you have only ever watched him in our game vs Leicester or vs. Liverpool when Rodger abandoned their normal style of play.

Most of this isnt even opinion, hes been clocked as the fastest player in the league this season by Opta, so to say hes not quick is absurd.

Martin Blackburn saying we’re not interested:

I dont think we can afford him. Hes worth too much to leicester and their owners arent interested in a pay day, the son really wants to win the league again. They wanted 90m for Mahrez midseason, I can imagine a similar fee for any of their key players.

I expect they will be spending big in the summer trying to cement their CL status and build, probably sell 1 big player at the end of the season, Maddison to United, and then reinvest the money +100m to stay ahead of United, Arsenal and Spurs.

That's a shame, I'd be a lot more confident going in to the games against Real Madrid with him alongside Laporte (assuming he's back by then) than any of our other central defenders.

Garcia looks a great prospect but its still early days for him, Stones is too injury prone and Otamendi far too inconsistent. If we are looking to add another centre half I'd be delighted if it was Soyuncu.

Suspect this actually means "no interest...at that price". Illustrates the idea that maybe we should consider scouting beyond the same club every summer that generally doesn't want to sell players and has no real need for our money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.