United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Walker just said in his post match exactly what happened in the 2nd half.

He said they were told to control the game, conserve energy, and only attack when the opportunity presented itself. That's a clear order from Pep at half time. We may not like it, but he is thinking for the next games clearly.
If that’s true we’ll I take back what I said earlier. They carried out orders to a tee. We may regret it though.

We were shit in the final third all game. We scored two, they scored one for us, we missed about three sitters and did the wrong thing with final balls all game.

Thought we played very well in midfield and at the back though. Thought we controlled the tempo of the game throughout, passed the ball well for the most part, restricted them to half chances and nothing crosses. Walker was magnificent, as was Bernardo who was fucking everywhere. Bar a few dodgy passes Fernandinho was great and Otamendi was a rock.

We are not clinical in front of goal though. That was easily a 1-5 performance that we didn’t capitalise on in front of goal and we’ve given them a glimmer of hope from a tie that should be completely over.

Great result and a fantastic first half demolition ... Totally happy with that and would have taken it in a flash before kick off..... Nothing is ever certain in football but 2-0 up at kick off at the Etihad is great, they cant sit back, they either get smashed or they just lose ...... Not over confident as I'm a FOC but as confident as a Blue can be about another visit to our second home ...

Micah still saying it should be a free kick, he’s obviously skint and wants a deal off Sky.

Would have taken that result every day of the week, but frustrating second half which meant we didn’t get the lead we deserved.

Tremendous tactics from Pep, delivered spot on by the players. The way we retain possession and pop it about is mesmerising.

Hopefully this result will mean we don’t fuck about in the second leg, and destroy the fuckers again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.