United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

I honestly believe JUST ONE MORE GOAL would have put this tie to bed.

I understand what you’re saying, and it felt like Pep was testing his Real Madrid (A) tactics for most of the game, but to not kill off the tie at their place, with them on the ropes and very vulnerable is disappointing.

That “2nd half” in a few weeks shouldn’t even be a thought, but the first goal in the game MAY decide the tie! Slightly hyperbolic, but the Etihad is brilliant at getting nervous, esp in big games!

The tie should be over. It definitely isn’t, and to not be entirely disappointed by that would mean you hadn’t seen the game.

Bollocks

Agreed,a 2 goal lead is not comfortable,they have scored more than that at ours this season lready,the annoying thing was you could see their goal coming a mile off but he didn't change it
Christ, how many did they score?

kevin-de-bruyne-of-manchester-city-takes-the-ball-past-phil-jones-of-picture-id1198111444

ENtVv4WWkAAMzqW

ENtij0LX0AE15Kp

ENtk5p_WsAIfh3k

Great 'artistic impression' from the Face on that first pic.

At least a 9.

PEP The first minutes were tight but then we had an outstanding goal and we played really good. In the second half they changed their shape and we struggled a bit more to keep the ball but it is a good result. It is not over as its United...

"We tried to control their counter-attacks because they are incredibly fast and an incredible team - And we did it."

Pep Guardiola has confirmed Kevin De Bruyne is 'fine' after he was substituted in the second-half.

Pep Guardiola on #MUNMCI: "It's not the best we have played this season - one of the best! We are close to the final but in three weeks anything can happen."

“We demand a lot from these guys [the players]. The schedule is crazy.”

Pep Guardiola on @fernandinho: "He is our leader. I will never forget what this guy has done in this period. He has played how many positions."

"Yeah, but he has to play in central midfield. It's a big mistake for the manager, he has to play holding midfield."

Pep Guardiola on #MUNMCI: "It is hard to control Rashford - so fast. We are comfortable with the ball, played many passes. Bernardo always plays good - fantastic footballer. We play United, what do you expect, a 7-0 win? It was an incredible performance."

If you want a good laugh just go and have a look at Martin Samuel's comments on his Twitter about that sad dickhead Martin Tyler.

Well, 3 nowt up at half time and then gutted to finish 3-1 at OT. How times have changed. I used to be happy if we got nil. 2nd leg we'll smash them all over the Etihad but tonight could have been another sick swan. Roll on the 2nd leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.