January defenders

Laporte is not fast, he's not slow either but just compare him to the rest of our squad as an example and he's not in the top 10 (Walker, Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Bernardo, Cancelo, I'm certain he is as, Fernandinho and possibly even Mendy, Angelino and Jesus).

Thankfully he's a top class centre back who I wouldn't swap for anyone, including Van Dijk, it just proves that outright pace isn't a necessity as long as you've got the tactical intelligence to play our system. Hence why I stated originally people place way too much emphasis on straight line pace and height in most cases.

Upamecano is a very quick and built like a tank, it doesn't mean he can defend.
I'm fairly certain he is faster than all the guys in bold. I'm not sure how fast Cancelo is. But Eric is clearly in the tier after the speed demons of (Sane, Walker, Sterling).

There are highlights of him chasing down known fast players. But somehow City fans concocted up this Narrative of him being slow when we first bought him.

He is fast for a Centerback. Top end fast.

I'm fairly certain he is faster than all the guys in bold. I'm not sure how fast Cancelo is. But Eric is clearly in the tier after the speed demons of (Sane, Walker, Sterling).

There are highlights of him chasing down known fast players. But somehow City fans concocted up this Narrative of him being slow when we first bought him.

He is fast for a Centerback. Top end fast.
One word; BOLLOCKS.

Suit yourself. I provided the videos back when we signed him and this baseless claim cropped up. Can't be assed to do so now.

It's a free world. Believe what you want :)

When we signed him I recall Sid Lowe also stated that he is deceptively fast and really good at recovery /last ditch tackles even if he appears less quick than some think.

Here it is (at about 37:26):

Last edited:
buy Henry in January and leave till the summer. we have Angelino, mendy, and Zincky at LB but unfortunately we play a LWB system and none on those have the necessary pace to get forward and back that Walker has on the right, Angelino is gone in the summer and Mendy has until then to prove he is better than Zincky,
As for CB there are a lot that could do a good job for us but if Dayot Upamecano can do at RCB what he does at LCB then that`,s the one for us

Suit yourself. I provided the videos back when we signed him and this baseless claim cropped up. Can't be assed to do so now.

It's a free world. Believe what you want :)
I watch the lad every week (until his injury), I don't need a video. I know you proclaim to be king scout and know everything about every player in world football but when I and 50k other blues watch him every week and we all think you're talking bollocks, it's because you're talking bollocks.

What next, Sterling can strike a ball as well as De Bruyne, look here's a video of two or three shots. Give it a rest fella.

I watch the lad every week (until his injury), I don't need a video. I know you proclaim to be king scout and know everything about every player in world football but when I and 50k other blues watch him every week and we all think you're talking bollocks, it's because you're talking bollocks.

What next, Sterling can strike a ball as well as De Bruyne, look here's a video of two or three shots. Give it a rest fella.
Your Ad hominem attacks are boring. Don't worry yourself about what I think of myself. And for the record it's not you and 50k blues who think he is slow, it's just you!

Stop pretending the crowd agrees with you to make yourself feel better.

It is true that many thought he was slow too, until they saw him here. He has since shown he never was. That you hold on to your pre-existing opinion doesn't bother me. Like I said, it's a free world, believe what you want. . I'll try not to lose sleep over it :)

Your Ad hominem attacks are boring. Don't worry yourself about what I think of myself. And for the record it's not you and 50k blues who think he is slow, it's just you!

Stop pretending the crowd agrees with you to make yourself feel better.

It is true that many thought he was slow too, until they saw him here. He has since shown he never was. That you hold on to your pre-existing opinion doesn't bother me. Like I said, it's a free world, believe what you want. . I'll try not to lose sleep over it :)
So I have pre-existing opinion because Bluemoon told me Laporte was slow before we signed him? I'm not sure how that quite works fella, given I joined the forum 6 months after he signed, but I won't lose any sleep over it :)

Laporte isn't slow at all

It's just Dax being Dax overreacting. All that has been said is Laporte isn't "frightening fast" which we all know he isn't, as a previous poster suggested we needed a centre back who was. I used Laporte as an example that the best centre backs don't need to be frightening fast, as long as they've got the tactical intelligence to play in our system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.