January defenders

would def have Koulibalu and the lad from Leiceser (not JFE).

Howvever its highly unlikely in the winter transfer window. We are more likely not to sign anyone...Pep has pretty much said so already

All of it. He’d hardly be rated as one of the best 3 central defenders in the world if it was hype.
Now i can understand your one word reply, If you think he is not hyped without actually watching him and deciding for your self so be it no probs

Now i can understand your one word reply, If you think he is not hyped without actually watching him and deciding for your self so be it no probs
I’ve watched him loads, the guy is an absolute beast. Personally, imo, he’s the best in the world, but I can understand people who like VVD, Ramos, Varane, Skriniar etc.

I’d happily have any of Koulibaly, Varane and Skriniar, but still happy to admit I’ve enjoyed watching Soyoncu every time I’ve seen him. Assuming that Leicester would want stupid money then I’d go for Koulibaly or Skriniar instead, especially as I do expect us to go for Chilwell and can’t see Leicester selling us 2 of their best defenders in a short time.

Last edited:
I’ve watched him loads, the guy is an absolute beast. Personally, imo, he’s the best in the world, but I can understand people who like VVD, Ramos, Varane, Skriniar etc.

I’d happily have any of Koulibaly, Varane and Skriniar, but still happy to admit I’ve enjoyed watching Soyoncu every time I’ve send him. Assuming that Leicester would want stupid money then I’d go for Koulibaly or Skriniar instead, especially as I do expect us to go for Chilwell and can’t see Leicester selling us 2 of their best defenders in a short time.
I'd take Koulibaly and Skriniar rather than Soyuncu if price is not taken into account, as they're much better. They're three great defenders but Koulibaly sticks out as he's brilliant with his feet as well.

What's the point of Otamendi when an ageing midfielder gets in ahead of you at your own position? Needs to go and make room, for his benefit and ours.

Absolutely no issues with him. I think he's tried his best for us but it's a wasted position in the squad right now.

I’d happily have any of Koulibaly, Varane and Skriniar, but still happy to admit I’ve enjoyed watching Soyoncu every time I’ve seen him. Assuming that Leicester would want stupid money then I’d go for Koulibaly or Skriniar instead, especially as I do expect us to go for Chilwell and can’t see Leicester selling us 2 of their best defenders in a short time.
Thank you for passing on your reasoning's they are sound, i watched Koulibaly at Metz and he was very much like Mangala did not see him much in Belgium and have watched him regularly in Italy, he has improved hugely, maybe that is the style of Italian football maybe it is the two defensive midfielders in front of him ? of the list you have put they are all at clubs who do not want to sell, perhaps with the troubles at Napoli he could escape, think you should watch his Senegal games before you decide how good he is, Soyoncu is a good player but, there is always a but, he has probably the best defensive midfield in the country playing in front of him , and Rodgers dirty tactics which has put Leicester up the table, if we bought him i can see the press turning him into another Savic very quickly,Milenkovic is the one i would go for but his price is rising and may be out of our budget?
As for Chilwell it does look like something may happen in the summer but personally speaking i think Zincky is better at everything

What's the point of Otamendi when an ageing midfielder gets in ahead of you at your own position? Needs to go and make room, for his benefit and ours.

Absolutely no issues with him. I think he's tried his best for us but it's a wasted position in the squad right now.

The point is honoring contracts and respecting the players, our future buys will look to our past

He'd give us a good 4 to 5 seasons still at peak. We have skirted this position for awhile (aside from Laporte) and it is beginning to show. I know he'd be expensive but I think to press forward we need a high calibre signing such as this. Dias has potential but I think we would be holding out hope that he materialized. Koulibaly is the real deal now.
We havent skirted anything weve pumped some serious money into our defence overall but especially at centre back weve failed bar laporte. I think the problem has been weve been buying too many potentially good defenders and no one who is already at the top of his game. weve had plenty of attempts at finding a good young centre back and on 3 occasions we have spent a lot of money ( managala,stones and laporte) only laporte has been a success we need to find a centre back who is ready to lead our defence and has all the attributes we need. I think Koulibaly should be the priority we need to stop spending big money on kids and praying they'll come good and sign someone who is already at the level we need we have two young centre backs who train with the team already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.