Derby Day Screamers

Must have been stood next to me! Was just about to say the same thing... I was right in line, knew it was going in straight away
I’ve never met anybody who was at that game who wasn’t right in line with Bob’s shot. Must’ve been 5000 of us all stood on the same spot !

I’ve never met anybody who was at that game who wasn’t right in line with Bob’s shot. Must’ve been 5000 of us all stood on the same spot !
I was stood with all the rag supporters (trying to keep quiet) just slightly up from the dug outs. I was directly in line behind the shot & could not hold the emotion in when it hit the back of the net.. it was only then i realised i was amongst about 200 other City fans who were also celebrating.
We all then sort of merged together for the rest of the match, no trouble just a load of rags giving us dirty looks.

Yes at the scoreboard end,1-1 half time then Heslop and Lee pen.
Didn't Mike Doyle also score a powerful header late 60s in front of the Stretford and..and celebrated right in front of them..
And I'm pretty sure Franny Lee smashed a few penalties at 100 miles an hour into the rags net..same late 60s/early 70s era..

Was just about to post the same.
Funny how memory can play tricks. .
Fwiw. ..I too was right in line with Brightwells shot"
And what a celebration afterwards

Didn't Mike Doyle also score a powerful header late 60s in front of the Stretford and..and celebrated right in front of them..
And I'm pretty sure Franny Lee smashed a few penalties at 100 miles an hour into the rags net..same late 60s/early 70s era..
Yes Doyle did score at OT in the 4-1 win 1970 the day Pardoe was stretchered off,Lee got 3 one with his left one with his right and headed one,proper hat trick I was at that game it's also on you tube.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.