Var debate 2019/20

Dermot the PiGMOB mouthpiece says all VAR decision correct this weekend surprise surprise including the Robertson tackle which he describes as "different" to Abamuyang and that he only catches his foot, even though it was studs high into his shin and that "his foot had nowhere to go" so its all good folks, its all good.
It beggars belief that the media would actually appoint a var and ref analyst that did not follow its cynically followed objectives.

Dermot continues to further his own financial path by conjuring up reasons to agree with obvious wrong decisions.

Hardly the "Honest Broker" we are led to believe he is employed to be, but what do we expect if we look for fairness at any level within Sky?

Aubameyang red card by VAR

Robertson same tackle - Fuck all

Fun fact here. Same VAR ref for both games. Lawson.

this is bad, people responsible have names and addresses as one banksy piece reads.

The fact is whilst they do this they deny real clubs chance of any progression. Look at west ham last year cheated out of a game with Liverpool......the officials cheat their team and fans of 3 points instead sharing the spoils. Again this year west ham like ourselves are being cheated....... most teams/clubs are with us on this.

VAR is like tossing a coin up for your wages each week and losing everytime.

it s a failure and is a advertisement on how bent the FArce are for letting this happen. If this liverpool team breaks 90 points this season it will be a travesty.

And the first team to be 'awarded' a goal which brushed the arm on the way to scoring, despite numerous other teams having them disallowed, was................Spurs
Deli Ali? I think he said himself he expected it to be chalked off. Then Chris Hughton on Sky Goals on Sunday said it was just about a legal goal because the ball didn’t touch his arm too much.

Dermot the PiGMOB mouthpiece says all VAR decision correct this weekend surprise surprise including the Robertson tackle which he describes as "different" to Abamuyang and that he only catches his foot, even though it was studs high into his shin and that "his foot had nowhere to go" so its all good folks, its all good.

we should pressure dermot the mouthpiece to explaining why robertson didn t see red, he is full of shit.

I am a Liverpool fan, so I am expecting to be called biased, but when I try to look at it as objectively as I can, I can't help but feel that the the focus is very much on the VAR decisions that have gone Liverpool's way, but there is no mention of the ones that went against us? This paints a picture that VAR is helping us massively, but the reality is that we've had our fair share of VAR decisions that could have gone our way but didn't, just like everyone else? Off the top of my head, here is a few examples:

Origi possibly fouled in the build up to Rashford's goal at Old Trafford
Mane goal ruled out for handball at Old Trafford
Firmino armpit offside goal against Villa
Sterling stamp on VVD at Anfield
Mane hip offside goal against Watford
Matip fouled during a corner against Newcastle
Brighton quick free-kick goal at Anfield
Salah put in a headlock in the box against Aston Villa

I am not saying any of the above events were correct or incorrect, I am simply listing a number of events that could have gone our way, but did not. They seem to get swept under the carpet when it comes to discussing Liverpool and VAR.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.