United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a ticket for the 2nd leg of the Semi Final, last time i saw a league cup semi it was the second leg against Boro way back in the 70's.Hopefully it will be a great night again and we continue to stuff them
Had you been abducted by aliens when we played them in 2010 at the same stage? ;-)

New shirt deal for City and lack of champions league for utd means we'll overtake them next season most likely

Not sure if Liverpool will as well
Liverpool new Nike deal has a low base revenue but huge incentives. If they make their mechandising as successful as they did with PSG (it should be easy with recent CL and PL runs), Liverpool could get the third best kit deal in the world.

Annoyed because i can't stand them but it is what it is. Liverpool could reach top 3/4 in next few years. Barça and Real cannot be reached imo.

If Utd buy Fernandes for £60m, then their net transfer spend since Guardiola was appointed is the same as Man City (approx £465m).
Bit expensive but he seems to be one of the few quality players United would have bought in recent years.

The BBC irritatingly refer to United twice in that article as the 'Red Devils' which always strikes me as being a forced nickname and in line with American sports franchise marketing.
If they want a nickname what's wrong with 'Rags? Not only short and crisp it also has the benefit of 80 to 90 years of Mancunian tradition.
The Red Devils was something else they nicked; in this case from Salford City RLFC.

Apparently, the former City player thought it had a nice ring to it.

Last edited:
I’ve been on holiday for the last two weeks, so today was my first one back since the League Cup derby.

The biggest twat at work is a rag, and for most of the last ten years, every time he walks past me, he shouts, "Man. Shitty!", so this morning, I returned it whenever I was near him.

I also repeated the fact about Bernardo scoring more goals at the swamp in the last two seasons than the weasel. One rag I told said, "I went to that game. I wanted to see a proper team play."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.