UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be assured that if Everton show any serious signs of revival there will be a major smear campaign against them in the media orchestrated behind the scenes by their friendly local rivals. In fact it may already have started. Moshiri's background and heritage will not have gone unnoticed by the American owners of Liverpool.

You can be assured that if Everton show any serious signs of revival there will be a major smear campaign against them in the media orchestrated behind the scenes by their friendly local rivals. In fact it may already have started. Moshiri's background and heritage will not have gone unnoticed by the American owners of Liverpool.
The biggest intrigue revolves around the regulation and reporting of the game and the ties between the two. As we saw with Man City, leaks, smear and defamation are all intimately connected. Strings are pulled. In this case the string has not been pulled because there is no vested interest at stake. Everton FC are at the moment a mere object of amusement. That might change of course. See Manchester City.

See also the near media blackout over spygate. There the string has been pulled. This time the powerful are in the dock, and the media dare not report them, or the newspaper owners don't want to test the water.

This won't be popular on here but the last 2 or 3 pages show why FFP is required. Everton are being run like Bury on steroids, they have spent £500m on players but unlike Chelsea and City before them they have nothing to show for it. They have a shit squad with only 2 or 3 players anyone would show any interest in. If their owner decides he's not going to plug the holes anymore then they are proper fucked, a Leeds United type scenario awaits them if they're lucky.

FFP at least calls a halt to their spending, without the requirement to make a profit next year then they would just continue to throw good money after bad.
How does that work though if a billionaire wants to spend £1b to pull them out of debt and buy a decent team? FFP stops that happening surely?

Meanwhile utd, having loads of income from historical success, money to back them up, can continue to spend stupid amounts.

I just don't see it as fair. When teams like united or bayern are given more of a chance to offset debt than smaller clubs.

How does that work though if a billionaire wants to spend £1b to pull them out of debt and buy a decent team? FFP stops that happening surely?

Meanwhile utd, having loads of income from historical success, money to back them up, can continue to spend stupid amounts.

I just don't see it as fair. When teams like united or bayern are given more of a chance to offset debt than smaller clubs.

Corrupt is the word you were looking for, and protection of the cartel clubs.

FFP is a fucking sham designed and brought in to maintain the status quo . No way were rags at risk despite their debts .

Pretty much right, I think - it isn't fair to a less wealthy club trying to play catch-up.

I think the PL version has a wage increase limitation (something like 4%, or more if it is covered by non-broadcasting increases).

UEFA introduced a change that allowed takeover clubs to spend heavily for a short period - mostly driven by Milan, I think. I don't know if it exists in the domestic one.

This won't be popular on here but the last 2 or 3 pages show why FFP is required. Everton are being run like Bury on steroids, they have spent £500m on players but unlike Chelsea and City before them they have nothing to show for it. They have a shit squad with only 2 or 3 players anyone would show any interest in. If their owner decides he's not going to plug the holes anymore then they are proper fucked, a Leeds United type scenario awaits them if they're lucky.

FFP at least calls a halt to their spending, without the requirement to make a profit next year then they would just continue to throw good money after bad.

Moshiri comes across as a benevolent investor and he also has Usmanov behind him who is fucking loaded and has never made any secret of how pissed off he was about being denied the chance to invest at Arsenal by that wanker Kroenke, so I don't think they're in any danger at all of "doing a Bury". In fact, I see huge parallels with what Everton are doing at the moment and what we did in the first couple of years after the takeover, so I'm not sure why anyone is calling them out for daring to spend big money on players. Of course, I'm sure they will need to start showing some signs of improvement on the pitch and soon for those two to remain as interested in Everton as they are which is what we did when we sacked Hughes and appointed Mancini. To that end, Ancelotti might prove to be a shrewd appointment.

The difference between now and 10 years ago is that yes, FFP makes it harder for them to spend as much as they might like, but on the flip side the top 4 is no longer the closed shop that it was for years before we (and Spurs in 2010) broke into it. You could only say with confidence that ours and Liverpool's spots are somewhat guaranteed for the foreseeable future. If things start to go well for Everton then they could easily challenge for those remaining CL places before long.

The biggest intrigue revolves around the regulation and reporting of the game and the ties between the two. As we saw with Man City, leaks, smear and defamation are all intimately connected. Strings are pulled. In this case the string has not been pulled because there is no vested interest at stake. Everton FC are at the moment a mere object of amusement. That might change of course. See Manchester City.

See also the near media blackout over spygate. There the string has been pulled. This time the powerful are in the dock, and the media dare not report them, or the newspaper owners don't want to test the water.
I have to admit that i have never heard or seen this story other than on this forum.

They're fine.

Net debt is £60m, They've spent £450m on players but brought in £250m in sales. Deloitte just made them the 20th richest club in Europe despite having no European football.

FFP is the fence around the rich man's land. Everton are poaching but the rich man is only really bothered when the poacher becomes a threat to his livelihood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.