Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
This though sums up the FA's attitude to women's football:
The semi-finals are scheduled for 29-30 January, with a date for the draw to be confirmed.
This year's final will be held at an as yet unspecified neutral venue on Saturday, 29 February, subject to broadcast schedules.
No date for the draw, no venue for the final yet, what a joke.

This does sum up the FA’s attitude.
City already playing away at Rags women on Sunday 26th at 1pm in the FA Cup and bound to be drawn to play on 29th when the men are playing Carabao Cup semi.
If they want the game to grow that can’t keep putting big games on at the same times as the men’s

Wonder if the FA want a London final as it would be easier to sell tickets or do they want a Manchester v London final. As there are three London clubs easier they might think they don't have to fiddle the draw. The assumption I have made is that the final is in London.
This though sums up the FA's attitude to women's football:
The semi-finals are scheduled for 29-30 January, with a date for the draw to be confirmed.
This year's final will be held at an as yet unspecified neutral venue on Saturday, 29 February, subject to broadcast schedules.
No date for the draw, no venue for the final yet, what a joke.

Our well-beloved FArce making a cock of things? Surely not!

The most interesting thing about the womens league is that the scousers are going to get relegated.

Wait and see. A few noises being made about the need to keep the Dippers in the league. Bristol City will get sacrificed.

Nottingham Forest's City Ground will be the venue for this season’s FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup final.

The final will be played on Saturday 29th February (kick-off 5.30 pm) and will be broadcast live on BT Sport 1 and 4k UHD while fans can purchase early bird tickets from 10 am on Friday 17th January at www.thefa.com/tickets.

The semi-final draw for the competition will take place on BT Sport Score on BT Sport 1 at 3.50 pm on Saturday 18th January with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United as the four remaining teams.

This does sum up the FA’s attitude.
City already playing away at Rags women on Sunday 26th at 1pm in the FA Cup and bound to be drawn to play on 29th when the men are playing Carabao Cup semi,
If they want the game to grow that can’t keep putting big games on at the same times as the men’s
Good post.

is it too much to ask of Manchester City FC that they put more effort (In fact some effort) into promoting the women’s team. For Wednesday night’s match I could have hoped that somewhere they could have related live scores as the game progressed. As it where I had to rely on colleagues on Bluemoon to update me. So - No live tv, no live commentary, and now no video. We can have short videos of training sessions or comments about certain players but no real effort from City to promote one of it’s senior teams.i did try to look at YouTube, Twitter and Facebook but. I don’t really engage with social media so I may have missed an opportunity. I did try City Tv but as I have a Panasonic smart tv it would not couple with the App (yet another badly thought out and badly managed scheme)

I have come to the conclusion that City are just playing at supporting the Women’s team. There is a chance that with a new experienced manager a new era might commence. City have to put their money where their mouth (and posters at the Etihad) are.

City's women away at Birmingham today ,live on thecFA player, just kicked off now
Already 1 nil City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.