Champions League to expand by 4 games a season?

Losing the league cup for more group games. Honestly think im falling out of love with the game.
Carabao Cup > Champions League.

The league cup is probably my favourite competition, at least the one I enjoy the most.

There's not too much pressure,which seems to mean games are better. The opponents feel quite varied despite their only being 71 of them, we get to see kids play, I like the 2 legged semi-final, the straight to penalties format and the final February/March is nicely set apart from everything that gets crushed together at the end of the season.

Obviously it helps that we've won it 4 times in 6 years, but it's just a good competition.

And I'm 100% convinced that as soon as they get rid of it, the FA Cup will get all of the crap usually thrown at the league cup about not being taken seriously, mickey mouse, not important etc.

Enjoy the Champions League personally, would just prefer to play some different teams now and again.

Ziegler is reporting "quarterfinal" as 2 groups of 4.

Yes, staggeringly, more games for the big sides, and likely stopping some upstart like Spurs doing well.

The greed will never stop because nobody is able to stop them. The fans are the only obstacle in their way from doing whatever they want but most of us aren’t willing to do anything about it and the ones that are are very easily replaced with tourists.

It’s called the champions league yet they want to introduce more teams that aren’t even domestic champions? It should be a straight knockout competition between the champions of the top 16 leagues in Europe, everyone else competes for the Europa league bringing some actual prestige to that pointless joke of a competition too.

I’ll be fucking the champs league off if more games are introduced, it won’t have any impact on anybody but myself but I reckon I won’t miss it after an initial season without it. I’ll simply ignore the competition as if it didn’t exist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.