Sheffield United (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe that so many people keep selecting Mendy! You lot must be watching a different bloke seriously! He's possibly the worse value for money signing this club has ever made (and we've had some duffers) and frankly if we could give him away this month and clear his wage bill then it's a deal worth taking.

Not only can he not defend or have any defensive awareness at all, his offensive play (based on the countless times he is played in) is painful to witness. He must have had over 10 opportunities yesterday to deliver a 1st time cross but instead chose to take 3 touches and then not be able to cross as the ball was stuck under his feet. He is the epitome in some respects the product of modern day youth coaching, where far too much emphasis is based on physical strength at the expense of touch and football brain. In short, he's bloody shocking.

You really are a Maine Road Blue aren’t you? ;-)

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
Mahrez
Jesus
Aguero

Is that not identical to the OP's selection? In any case, it's the right team, although I think you could make a serious case for selecting Garcia over Otamendi. It would put the latter's nose out of joint, and Pep won't do it. But I would.

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Garcia
Mendy
Rodri
KDB
Bernardo
Mahrez
Jesus
Aguero

Stop fucking around Josep, and give some decent minutes to that Phil Foden bloke as well.

Ederson
Cancelo
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Rodri
de Bruyne
Foden
Mahrez
Jesus
Aguero

Controversial, perhaps. Not going to win the league and could probably accept a draw in this one. Fernandinho and Walker are going to be needed more later on so rest them and persist with Stones and Cancelo, assuming both are fit. Anyway, bailing those two out isn’t going to help their confidence, so might as well put them back in and see their character. Same for Foden, use his legs to give us greater energy and save those of another player.

Considering the 3421 was born against them, surely that is the way to go this game? Sure Pep? Pleeeease

____________Ederson
___Stones____Rodri____Ferna
Walker__Bernie___Kdb__Mendy
________Mahrez___Foden
_____________Jesus

Would personally have Cancelo in at right back, because he is really starting to come into his own, and Garcia in for the walking disaster Stones but its obvious Walker was rested at the weekend to play his hometown club, and dropping John would probably be bad management. Don't really think Phil will get picked over Raz either, but at this point its criminal to keep starting him. Sane must be rolling his eyes seeing what he gets away with. And I love Raheem, but it's obvious we are seeing the effects of way too much football and a bit too much hype imo.
Also wouldn't mind Aguero in the form he's in, but I think we are a better team with Jesus on the pitch, maybe start them both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.