Stockport County

He is a clued up guy. Doing well and developed the block where sane, pep, Silva and a few other city lads live through his select property group.

Think he will be excellent for county.

This is great news, my father in law has watched county for over 70 years and is still a season ticket holder along with my brother in law. They go week in week out still, and throughout the 80’s onwards I used to stand on a Friday night and watch them followed by city on the Saturday. I only wish city would invest in them as a local club, loaning out players to them to blood them. Times have changed and that will never now happen and I do recall our games against them when let’s say we were often outplayed! Hopefully, given the crowds they get still, they can now start to rise back up to the main league where they do belong.

Kudos to your father-in-law. That’s what you call dedication.

I've heard(if true) Foden is from an estate called Adswood, arguably the roughest estate in Stockport.
I don't if it's true about where Phil is from, but I can confirm Adswood used to be as rough as a Bears arse in the 70's when I worked as a dog handler for a security firm on a site nearby. Even my Alsation was scared to get out of the van near Adswood !

I don't if it's true about where Phil is from, but I can confirm Adswood used to be as rough as a Bears arse in the 70's when I worked as a dog handler for a security firm on a site nearby. Even my Alsation was scared to get out of the van near Adswood !
My mate was a debt collector there. He was greeted with "fuck off" more often than "good morning".

Do you know if he got the ground as well. That is the big issue for them, no one is going to put serious money in while the ownership of the ground is outside of the club.
In the aftermath of the Sale Sharks/Kennedy era, I'm pretty sure Stockport Council became involved to the extent where some kind of covenant was placed on the site to protect it from property speculation.
There is an interesting interview on-line with the new owner in which he talks about discussions with the Council that have already taken place regarding ground redevelopment, specific to the Railway End and Vernon Stand (the old Pop Side).
It sounded like the clincher to him getting involved.
Sir Howard Bernstein is a fairly recent addition to the board of The Vita Group, (the new owner's company), and that would indicate a reputable concern.
Exciting times for County. Sounds like the answer to a lot of prayers.

Have you ever been to Brinnington?

Brinny is truely dreadful and sub-Shameless, a law unto itself...shire horses wandering the streets and in and out of peoples' houses.

I thought Phil was from Cheadle Heath, which whilst not to be confused with la di dah Cheadle Hulme, is certainly a step up from Adwood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.