Sheff Utd post match thread

In the year the rags were relegated Alex Stepney was for a time their top goalscorer as he used to take their penalties.
Ha! I was going to write something on those lines. It’s pure speculation but let’s say City get fifteen penalties and he converts all but one. His goal tally for the season would probably be bettered only by players in the top six. That would have the dinosaurs frothing and would make me giggle.

PS. There was a guy called José Luis Chilavert who used to play goalie for Paraguay. He scored 62 goals in his career.

Ha! I was going to write something on those lines. It’s pure speculation but let’s say City get fifteen penalties and he converts all but one. His goal tally for the season would probably be bettered only by players in the top six. That would have the dinosaurs frothing and would make me giggle.

PS. There was a guy called José Luis Chilavert who used to play goalie for Paraguay. He scored 62 goals in his career.

City get 15 pens. We are not the Rags.

It honestly was like VAR was switched off. Didn’t notice it check anything. Must have checked the pen and the goal but very low profile.
It will NOT surprise me if it transpires sometime in the future, when no-one really cares except us, that the technology was never implemented identically at the various grounds.

In the year the rags were relegated Alex Stepney was for a time their top goalscorer as he used to take their penalties.
They had loads of abuse in the press for it as well but the important but is I don't think they conceeded a goal from him taking them.

It will NOT surprise me if it transpires sometime in the future, when no-one really cares except us, that the technology was never implemented identically at the various grounds.

I suspect you are right and there will be numerous examples of it failing and the officials will have just covered it up and pretended it was working. Who’d know if it was operating or not given the lack of transparency and some of the images they release later are laughable, they are often from an angle (with no HawkEye) and based on these poor images shot from the corner flag they draw a few wiggly lines in and make decisions To the nearest millimetre! Only in Football.

You can't believe the mentality of a **** like Besic making that tackle on Laporte. I saw some reports saying it was mistimed, bollocks to that, he knew exactly what he was doing and he wanted to put Eric out for several more months.
Why didn't var look at that one then?
Didnt see the match.but if what you describe is true...thats sickening.and indicative of a calculated attempt to fuck us up....i wonder who asked him to do it..?

Didnt see the match.but if what you describe is true...thats sickening.and indicative of a calculated attempt to fuck us up....i wonder who asked him to do it..?

Besic has form for this, he injured Aguero a few years ago when he played for Everton. His snidey wink after committing the foul told you everything about his intent.

What I did find slightly worrying was that not one of our players kicked off about it and no one confronted besic, it was enough to warrant a ten man brawl. It reminded me of years ago when all our players just stood there and watched Keane try to break Haalands leg and then abuse him whilst lying on the floor.

Reactions: Vic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.