Sheff Utd post match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cleavers, 21 Jan 2020.

1. Vic

Vic

And that's from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat.

2. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

I watched the second half of that on a palace fans periscope that I found as it was from the end we were attacking.

Highlight was someone moaning behind him all game who when we got the late freekick said 'FFS I hate Yaya if he scores this I'm off.........right that's it I'm off'.

3. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Ref Watch has confirmed VAR isn’t used for looking at the keeper’s position.

http://www.skysports.com/share/11915756

ADVERTISEMENT

4. ancoats

ancoats

but the linesman job is to solely watch the keeper coming off his line and my picture clearly shows the keeper a good yard off his line well before the kick by jesus
    its not a hard job and if you can not see the mistake you have just made then you should not be a match official in any league even non league ??

5. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Totally agree. The only thing I can think of is similar to that in making an offside decision. When exactly was the ball struck and where is the player at that precise moment. I would stress though that this was one of the easier calls to make given he was a full half yard off his line at the point Jesus kicked the ball.

6. citymad

citymad

TBF I think the fact they were losing at the time, kicking the ball away was enough punishment. What a plonker.

7. ZanteWeatherman

ZanteWeatherman

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Said this before (maybe on here), hit the incompetent buffoon where it hurts - cut his match-day pay in half. The official/linesman when it came to that penalty had ONE job and judging by his stance at the time of Jesus' contact, was in perfect position to take the necessary action. A re-take. Where could he possibly be looking, certainly not where he should have been, therefore he wasn't doing his job. Shitshow decisions should have a consequence, sadly that will never be the case.

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  8. karen7

karen7

I watched MOTD and they showed erics assault from a distance,didn't look at it close up,one of them said thats a good one,no fucker cares when it's our players

9. ancoats

ancoats

its crazy by the linesman

and the keeper starts to come off his line when jesus is running up to the ball ? its so clear that you don't need any help by VAR or are they told to turn a blind eye because it was city and sheff utd was still in the game also the referee played so must injury time and was not blowing until the corner was taken and cleared ?? again if time was up you have to blow even if its a corner ???

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  10. levets

levets

Team supported:
    City
    My WTF comment is referring to the comment about ‘causing a riot’

simon23 likes this.