Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really as good a side as the results and table positions suggests or have we and the other so called challengers just really regressed and allowed them a free run at it?
Over the last two seasons, it’s been a two-horse race. The top two’s points tallies have been amazing. The other runners, who normally fight for top 4, have been comparatively shit. Changes of manager, transfer ban, “transition” and so on.

This year we have regressed and nobody else is challenging, hence the size of the gap.

But they are smashing everybody and heading for a new points record. They are an excellent, highly motivated team whose playing style is sweeping the board until others find a way to counter. Without over-egging it, they’ve had a good share of luck too.

Wolves had them under the cosh for most of the second half and they looked leggy and vulnerable. They will no doubt clinch the title, but I see points being dropped between now and may

I hope you’re right. Can’t be doing with them going unbeaten and breaking records. My grandkids would never hear the end of it and I’m not likely to have any of those for another 20 years at least.

Many on here were arguing we are the best prem team of all time so what happens when this lot break our records?
They'll be classed as the best ever by their adoring media, irrespective of whether they beat our points total or not.
Personally, i think they'll smash it unfortunately but then i never looked on us as the best ever when we ended up with 100pts

they are not good enough outside of the premier league with VAR and will come unstuck
Come on, they've reached back to back CL finals and are joint favourites (with us) this season too. I don't think even you believe it when you keep attributing their success solely to VAR.

I have an awful feeling these bastards might do the treble, everyone is rolling over for them, no injuries, if they get past athletico they can rest players in the league to go for the cups as it will have been done an dusted.
Still annoyed that Everton managed to fuck it up against their reserves in the FA Cup 3rd round. Hoping for a Simeone masterclass in the CL (1-0 at home, 0-0 away) but they're not as good as they once were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.