United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
rog-1.jpg

I don't. I've always thought he was a nasty, bigoted, small-minded hypocrite. The formation of the Premier League and the money he was given to cherry pick the best talent all over Europe and the world gave him and the club he represented a sense of unbridled superiority - the likes of which English football had never before witnessed (we'd been seeing it for years and years in Scotland but not here).
At the time no other club could compete with the rags: they had the money to quite literally blow everyone out of the water (nod to 'Arry!)...and boy, didn't they. If they got wind some decent player was being looked at by Chelsea for instance, and they were happy to pay 4 million with wages of £50,000 per week for the player, the Pisscan -with his club's blessing- would declare they'd pay 20 million with wages of £190,000 per week for the player. Naturally he'd go to the swamp. Not one other Premier League club could compete.
And this, coupled with game officials seemingly petrified of nasty reprisals should a penalty be awarded against them, allowed them to pretty much do just as they chose on the field of play, safe in the assurance that they'd go unpunished (you only have to look back at old footage and see the stuff Scholes was allowed to get away with, week in week out, to see just how biased the officiating was then).

And at the top of the festering, steaming heap of pungent, acrid excrement stood the Glaswegian dictator himself, snarling and spitting venom to anyone within earshot: abusing and intimidating anyone whose opinion differed to his own blinkered view of proceedings.

Nope. I don't think he was ever a 'gentleman' in the true sense of the word. He is what he's always been - a malignant, cancerous growth whose success has and always will depend entirely on the money and efforts of other, more influential people within the game.

As our local rivals, I always hated the rags, but up until 1986, I didn’t detest them in the way I have come to since.

Even from his earliest days at the swamp, the pisscan was throwing his weight around and bullying everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.