United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never ever forget his indignation at "The Welcome to Manchester" poster. The twat had sat in the swamp watching the clock banner for all those years and basically condoned it. I would love to sit down with him and ask him why one was OK in his eyes yet the other wasn't.
Because he's a bitter, hypocritical old ****
Who can forget his comments following our first PL title win "All games should finish at the same time"
What about when Real Madrid were trying to buy Ronaldo "I wouldn't sell that lot a virus " yet not so long before he'd sold them Beckham and horse face

I really believe when he first went there he was a gentleman but the longer he stayed the arrogance grew

There was also a lot of support for the 61st minute, acknowledging when the wheels started to fall of the United bus. But, when it was pointed out it would have to be 16th minute to correctly reflect the time/score, it got voted down, as nobody wants to leave after only 16 minutes.

Surely better to not even go into the dump ?

Prestwich, you seem to now about business so I will ask you, when the Glazers bought the Rags it was with borrowed money, now that is fine when The GPC is winning most of the trophies. I am sure they felt it would go on forever and when the time came they could easily find a buyer. The new fellah would have no problem buying the debt and continuing but since then they have been going backwards. The stadium need millions spending on it, the squad even more and sponsorship is hopefully diminishing. Suddenly their original exit strategy (if they had one) is looking very shaky as any one with a business acumen would surely not touch these lot, (if the debt cannot be serviced easily) What do you reckon, am I right ?
I don't know what their exit strategy is or was or even if they have one. The time to sell, if they intended to, was when the share price got to $26 at the start of the 2018/19 season, which valued them at over $4bn. As you rightly say, they bought the rags with borrowed money. Some we know about, as it's in the publicly available accounts, and some (assuming there's more) we don't, as it's hidden in accounts of companies that aren't publicly available.

If there is more debt (which I think is a safe assumption as they had to refinance large Payment in Kind notes) they'll need security for that and I'd guess that security will be their United shares. Their shopping mall business will be hugely leveraged and we know they mortgaged that to the hilt just before the 2008 financial crisis. That debt would have been secured on the property originally but the decline in commercial property prices and the banks tightening up on loan-to-value ratios would have meant them having to either repay a lot of debt or put up significantly more collateral. Yet again, all they would have had was their United shares.

So it's possible that they're so in hock that they can't sell, unless the share price reaches a high that would enable them to clear all their debt. Meanwhile they carry on taking dividends and consultancy fees which keeps them fed and watered. One of the family, Darcie, used her shares as collateral for a loan last year https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...otball-news/man-utd-glazer-loan-news-16481111.

As I said earlier in the thread, they're at a potential tipping point this season though. Failure to qualify for the CL will see a further drop in revenue, which won't help them, but failure to even get an EL place could be quite catastrophic in financial terms. To be able to pay the dividends which fund the Glazers' lifestyle, they'll have to make big cuts in expenditure and sell the most valuable assets. The share price will drop like a stone and if they are being used as collateral, the lenders will be asking some hard questions.

Update: I've just checked Andy Green's blog (who's a United supporting financial analyst) and a few years ago he had confirmation that the Glazers were personally on the hook for about $400m of United's debt, in addition to the $550m in their accounts. He also said there were covenants on that debt which required them to reach certain financial targets, otherwise they'd be in breach of the loan terms. We do know there are similar covenants on United's own debt and these might be at risk of being breached if they miss out on Europe altogether. So finishing eighth could really spell big trouble for them.

Last edited:
Yes and how many of those match going fans were alive when the tragedy happened, they will not be aware that our Club was touched by the event also. Their disgusting club treated the families of the victims atrociously and then years later decided it was a money spinner, disgusting behaviour. The person who gave them the success they think is their birthright, by any means possible and many of them extremely underhanded, is now 78 years old that would be a more appropriate number to chose. But as you say they should have tried being in our shoes, they wouldn’t have felt so entitled after going through the years of misery we all did.

The date the pisscan announced he was retiring.

The date the rent boy was appointed.

The date the equaliser was appointed.

The date the Glasers bought the swamp.

There are plenty of other dates they could have chosen, but scumbags that they are, they pick the year of a tragedy.

Because he's a bitter, hypocritical old ****
Who can forget his comments following our first PL title win "All games should finish at the same time"
What about when Real Madrid were trying to buy Ronaldo "I wouldn't sell that lot a virus " yet not so long before he'd sold them Beckham and horse face

I really believe when he first went there he was a gentleman but the longer he stayed the arrogance grew

He was a violent **** in Scotland long before he joined the scum.

I don't. I've always thought he was a nasty, bigoted, small-minded hypocrite. The formation of the Premier League and the money he was given to cherry pick the best talent all over Europe and the world gave him and the club he represented a sense of unbridled superiority - the likes of which English football had never before witnessed (we'd been seeing it for years and years in Scotland but not here).
At the time no other club could compete with the rags: they had the money to quite literally blow everyone out of the water (nod to 'Arry!)...and boy, didn't they. If they got wind some decent player was being looked at by Chelsea for instance, and they were happy to pay 4 million with wages of £50,000 per week for the player, the Pisscan -with his club's blessing- would declare they'd pay 20 million with wages of £190,000 per week for the player. Naturally he'd go to the swamp. Not one other Premier League club could compete.
And this, coupled with game officials seemingly petrified of nasty reprisals should a penalty be awarded against them, allowed them to pretty much do just as they chose on the field of play, safe in the assurance that they'd go unpunished (you only have to look back at old footage and see the stuff Scholes was allowed to get away with, week in week out, to see just how biased the officiating was then).

And at the top of the festering, steaming heap of pungent, acrid excrement stood the Glaswegian dictator himself, snarling and spitting venom to anyone within earshot: abusing and intimidating anyone whose opinion differed to his own blinkered view of proceedings.

Nope. I don't think he was ever a 'gentleman' in the true sense of the word. He is what he's always been - a malignant, cancerous growth whose success has and always will depend entirely on the money and efforts of other, more influential people within the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.