Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to the referee, he had no choice, just as the board went up, our player took a bad knock to the head and was down injured for a full 2 minutes, and there was another injury that needed treatment as well. It was a bit of a mystery where he got the 5 from, but there were 4 goals and 5 subs in the second half I suppose.

A very similar half then to when our men played Villa but we only got one minute? Who's cheating? The Villa ref or the derby ref? Some fucker is!

I've watched quite a lot of women's games this season, and that was one of the worst, 2-3 might make it sound exciting, but it was anything but, overall a very poor standard of play from both sides. We can and do play some good football, but not today, I said earlier in the thread it was probably our worst performance of the season, especially Steph Horton, who was very poor for me.

The rags had nothing other than a bit of bite in the tackle, despite the bigging up from the commentator.

Fair to a point. We certainly didn't play that well but Ellen White did what she is best at and took her 2 goals superbly , especially the 2nd. Part of the problem was that Utd pressed high and we still persisted in playing round the back even though it's a real weakness of the team imo. Not one of the back 4 is comfortable in tight situations when pressed and the rest of the team aren't great at moving into good positions receive the ball.

Kiera can usually cope in front of the back 4 as she has a decent touch and good composure but the rest are disasters waiting to happen. And happen they did but fortunately Utd weren't good enough to benefit.

Couldn't tell on TV but it felt like the ball crossed the line which would have made it 2.2 and I would have feared the worst but I am sure looking at the papers in the morning ( which I won't be) and the result will show as city beating Utd away in the FA Cup. Happy days

Fair to a point. We certainly didn't play that well but Ellen White did what she is best at and took her 2 goals superbly , especially the 2nd. Part of the problem was that Utd pressed high and we still persisted in playing round the back even though it's a real weakness of the team imo. Not one of the back 4 is comfortable in tight situations when pressed and the rest of the team aren't great at moving into good positions receive the ball.
Just said exactly that to my missus, anyone who watched us today should do what they did, we'd lose more than we'd win, but I think the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal also like to "play" so don't do it. Despite our poor performance, we were still the only team playing football, and deserved to win.

I thought united were equally poor in attack, their only threat seemed to be from the corner onto the keeper. Whether their "ghost goal" (bbc) should have counted, the other one shouldn't as it was a foul for me, as was the "tackle" on Hemp at the end, couldn't believe the referee didn't give either as fouls.

I wonder if Matilde Fidalgo is happy Cushing is going ?
Wonder what she is thinking watching Cushing play forwards in your precision before you ?
Also Lee Geum-min wonder if she will get a chance now too ?

I've watched quite a lot of women's games this season, and that was one of the worst, 2-3 might make it sound exciting, but it was anything but, overall a very poor standard of play from both sides. We can and do play some good football, but not today, I said earlier in the thread it was probably our worst performance of the season, especially Steph Horton, who was very poor for me.

The rags had nothing other than a bit of bite in the tackle, despite the bigging up from the commentator.

Houghton, sorry to be a pedant ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.