Fulham (H) - FA Cup Round 4 Post-Match Thread

Oh for the days of Stuart Pearce managing the club. Now that’s a man who ‘Got’ us.

Pep being sarcastic to the interviewers again is the way I "read" it, following upon his "too many games" quotes.
Exactly !! Too many moaning fuckers about our Manager on his thoughts about the attendance.He was taking the piss IMO just as he does with those fucking pre match games when he gets asked stupid questions.It pisses on their bonfire when he responds not in the way they hoped.

Love Pep for what he has done and hope it continues for many more years but i will never have the love or the connection i had with other managers like Mancini as he just doesn't get us.

He's here to do a job and to improve his CV and we benefit from that so i'm not bothered in the slightest if i don't find a connection with him.

But too many times he has sold the fans short. He could have answered that question better, instead answering honestly just gives the reporters the go ahead to spin it. Just praise the fans who did attend and supported you or ask your Spanish mates why the Etihad is a souless place nowadays.

For reference, i watched on BBC1 and glad i did.
Your "soulless place" quote is way off the mark.

not taking sides here, but it sounds like you actually injured your Achilles if you were out for three months. Cancelo just got a boo boo on his
I did, but pain is often independent of actual injury, was *one* of my points.

And we don’t yet know if there are any lasting effects from the challenge — we’ve had a few players play on / walk off the pitch and be out for awhile after these sorts of incidents, so I choose not to presume anything when it comes to the severity.

I sincerely hope it was just one of those painful ones that just needs a few days to get past, though, which I and most others who have played football their entire lives have experienced quite a few times.

Here we go, fans getting their knickers in a twist about a little comment. Yeh maybe he shouldn’t have said it and backed us a little but he just reacted to the reporters question. He’s managed the biggest clubs in the world and has been accustomed to playing in front of fanatical fans. We’re a different set of fans more subdued, and when we have a poor attendance the atmosphere tends to be quieter. Still can’t work out why fans leave so early. It’s not as if they can blame traffic congestion being it’s a Sunday.
Perhaps they need to get to Evensong at their local church or chapel. ;)

Love Pep for what he has done and hope it continues for many more years but i will never have the love or the connection i had with other managers like Mancini as he just doesn't get us.

He's here to do a job and to improve his CV and we benefit from that so i'm not bothered in the slightest if i don't find a connection with him.

But too many times he has sold the fans short. He could have answered that question better, instead answering honestly just gives the reporters the go ahead to spin it. Just praise the fans who did attend and supported you or ask your Spanish mates why the Etihad is a souless place nowadays.

Ultimately I think he's always thought he's better than the club. Comes across in many things he says.

Brilliant manager and still seems a very decent guy but you're right - won't be able to evoke the same kind of emotion someone like Mancini did/can. It was a criticism of his at Bayern too IIRC.

You come tops in the most "Ridiculous Post of The Day" !!!
I claim you are David Conn and want my £5.00.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.