United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Think about ‘we scored twice but they were narrowly offside.’ So we didn’t score. If you watched that performance and thought it was good you need help. Look at some of the individual performances - Cancelo and Sterling were woeful. Rodri and KDB poor. We conceded reckless free kicks due to sheer panic. They had 10 men and we tried to see the game out by putting stones on.

I dont need any help.

Why can't people vent on here? Is it a problem for people reading or something, I don't understand.

We went through, but the manner of which is beyond frustrating. I don't know how many games we completely dominate, to then lose by the other team getting one HALF chance. Too many to count.

So I'll woman for a bit (as will others), and its okay, then tomorrow I'll wake up and try to forget it. We are bit spoiled, natural consequence of high standards I suppose.

Why, because I’m not a happy clapper and I expect City to do better?

Utd are mid table standard any other season than this diabolical one.

They’re short with injuries and we had them their for the taking and buckled.

I expect more from the players and manager and I was on this board, several weeks ago, going mad that we’d almost refused to attack at the end of the first leg, conserving energy, when they were more open than Giggs’s Sister in Law’s legs and we didn’t take it.

We then somehow get into a situation where we’re praying a free kick doesn’t go in last kick of the tie, to take it to penalties from sheer stupidity.

Poorly prepared and poor game plan is an understatement.

His game plan in the first leg should have resulted in several more goals being scored in the first half. We should have scored at least three tonight, but our finishing is shite. Other than their goal, they created fuck all. You’re not a happy clapper, you’re a moaning fucker.

Strange game.

We completely dominated but couldn't finish our dinners. They had one chance and took it. What the fuck Sterling and Silva were up to in front of goal I'll never know. Really frustrating but we're though to another final!

Sterling needs time off to sort his head out. It's completely gone. Ever since the Gomez incident he's not been the same player

I agree with @karen7 on this. He doesn't take derbies seriously. He tinkers and fucks about when we play them. He wouldn't do it at his beloved Barcelona so why should he do it here.

If he did that at Barca he'd have been sacked.

If he did that at Bayern (against whomever their hated rivals are) he'd have been sacked.

He appears to genuinely shit himself against opposition he believes are "a big big club" and imo with his boringly repitive narrative of "we are not a club with enough history to believe in ourselves in the big big moments" etc etc he transmits,.albeit I'm sure not deliberately , to the team an insecurity.

Against a team not recognised as being a "history club" you'll never convince me that David wouldn't have smashed that chance home tonight. Ditto sterling. But players are human, and if your boss constantly talks your company down against your competitors you'll always be a bit edgy when going up against them.

When he leaves, he needs to go to Juve or back to Barca. He can't handle not being the biggest in the room.

All that said......

WEMBLEY BITCHES !!!

Yup agree with all of this. A performance isn’t suddenly immune from discussion and criticism just cause we are through.

The performance in the final third was awful we are not being as ruthless as Liverpool this year and it really shows at times.

You’re right it isn’t, but if the formation and style creates the chances in the final third (and restricts them for the opposition), then I’m not sure why that’s seen as the managers fault tactically? Criticism for choosing particular players perhaps, but then winning 3-1 in the first leg would suggest it being a good game to try and play them back into form surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.