Flares and chairs thrown into our end

Nothing per se but you do seem to be wildly overreacting to a trivial incident as demonstrated by the draconian penalties you'd impose on daft youngsters for making gestures that let's be honest don't really upset anybody.

I mean one of your earlier posts said that on reflection you'd advocate a 12 month ban rather than a life ban having "calmed down". Either you're winding us up or you need to get a grip of yourself, there's plenty of worse things happening out there

A) they weren’t “youngsters” both looked mid 30’s.

B) Saying there is worse stuff in the world is the worst argument ever. So what? Murder is worse than stealing so should we all commit burglary?

C) They may not make anyone upset but they make the club and our fan base look like scrotes.

D) I’m getting from all this you think it’s acceptable and I really think you need to have a think. I bet you’re a scally yourself.

Are the rag forums in meltdown over their own doing the aeroplane?

Not saying it's right, but if you have a rule for one then it has to be a rule for everybody.

If the rags were really upset about this, then get your own house in order as well.

A) they weren’t “youngsters” both looked mid 30’s.

B) Saying there is worse stuff in the world is the worst argument ever. So what? Murder is worse than stealing so should we all commit burglary?

C) They may not make anyone upset but they make the club and our fan base look like scrotes.

D) I’m getting from all this you think it’s acceptable and I really think you need to have a think. I bet you’re a scally yourself.
A. I'll take your word for it as I haven't seen them

B. I'm not saying we should all do it, I'm saying you shouldn't get yourself all in a tizzy about it

C. No, they make themselves look like scrotes

D. If my lad was doing it I'd have a word with him or give him a clip round the ear but if he got banned for it i'd think that was way too harsh. I'm a lapsed scally these days.

I actually don't think the majority of them believe they are doing an aeroplane gesture

It's some sort of scally stance, wave your arms about mockingly "look I'm wobbling" and pull a stupid face to say sarcastically "oh look how scared I am of you"

I don't know how else to describe it
Are there any pics of the supposed taunts? You could be on to something there, I'd describe that as the "and what???" or the "what you looking at???" pose. It is a bit bizarre but it happens in most derbies across the country.

If that's the case then it could be much like Liverpool fans making more of "always the victim" than is intended by 99% of people who say it to them. Which is a reference that they are the worst losers in football to my mind.

There's a planned walkout at the swamp this weekend on the 58th minute and the following week is the anniversary of the air disaster. Once again City fans are being accused of taunts and disrespect, all too coincidental imo.

The problem here is that we are all under a microscope these days (with tv coverage and cctv). You can't get away with things the same as happened before (ask Harvey Weinstein).
So with the current PC culture anything remotely offensive (or even interpreted as that) is going to be picked up and judged. So we can't do it.
But (as this post highlights) there is definitely an issue here with the rags not being judged the same as us.

I actually don't think the majority of them believe they are doing an aeroplane gesture

It's some sort of scally stance, wave your arms about mockingly "look I'm wobbling" and pull a stupid face to say sarcastically "oh look how scared I am of you"

I don't know how else to describe it

Are you for fking real

The problem here is that we are all under a microscope these days (with tv coverage and cctv). You can't get away with things the same as happened before (ask Harvey Weinstein).
So with the current PC culture anything remotely offensive (or even interpreted as that) is going to be picked up and judged. So we can't do it.
But (as this post highlights) there is definitely an issue here with the rags not being judged the same as us.

Harvey Weinstein).
Game of football v a fking pedo
Go fk your self

Are the rag forums in meltdown over their own doing the aeroplane?

Not saying it's right, but if you have a rule for one then it has to be a rule for everybody.

If the rags were really upset about this, then get your own house in order as well.
I will go out and say they are not bothered about one of their own doing the aeroplane...

Which is why I am absolutely chuffed that we are having such an intensified debate on here about any of ours doing it.

If we want to be different, we have to be different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.