We’ve no leaders.

Sir vincent was our last leader, we’ve world class players a plenty, kdb,serg,merlin,to name a few but no leaders, fernandinho or laporte only two??

Sorry kaz but kev aint no leader, world class yes mind

When you see clips of him on the pitch talking to other players, or calling them out, and when you look at the shift(!) he puts in to set an example to the rest of his team, then I’m inclined to disagree with you

Silva isn’t a leader because he passed the ball instead of shooting the other night haha, I’ve heard it all now

Ok I’ll bite.

Tell me the big game with big stakes where it was him that turned it.

It’s never, ever been him.

Absolutely world class but let’s look at him.

First season? All Yaya in that run in.
First champs league campaigns? Nowhere to be found.
Pellers first season? Went missing in all the big games-the Liverpool game at Anfield was embarrassing. Champs league...see same.
Under Pep? Terrible first season, we won back to back but was it really down to him? Which big games did he turn?
Last season, Kompany did all the heavy lifting. Silva had a woeful second half of the season.

There’s a pattern. He’s without a doubt world class but on the biggest of nights he’s never lifted us like others have.

The pass backwards in the United game was his mindset in a microcosm.

I absolutely adore him and love watching him play and he’s a legend for our club.

But...not a leader.

Sergio...I thought on.

Not a leader. He can inspire, but he’s not the player to grab a game like a Yaya could or KDB could.

Kun makes HIS game better. He doesn’t lift everyone around him. I’ll also factor in his Argentina career as evidence and his penalty records.

So I’ll hedge him and say he’s inspiring, but not a leader.

You know who’s a leader and is absolutely woeful? Henderson. As is Milner.(that’s makes me sick to say btw). United has no leaders. Chelsea have none. Spurs have none.

We’ve had some great ones.

Vinny stands above all.
Dunne was a phenomenal leader.
Yaya was a great leader.
Hart? A leader, but one that proved divisive in the end.
Tevez...mad to say, but a leader.
Bellamy...leader.
Barry,Zab and Nige...leaders.
Delph...never rated him at all, but a leader.
Lampard...leader(even in a down year and his form gone).

You see, leadership isn’t defined by talent. It’s no defined by your ability to shout and scream(plenty mistake this for leadership).

Leadership is your ability when everything is going against you to raise yourself to a higher standard and bring that same ability out in others around you.

Kobe Bryant was a phenomenal leader. He made comments along the lines of “I’ll do anything to help this team win. I’ll sit on that bench better than anyone if it helps us. I’ll wave a towel. I’ll hand out water bottles”. That’s leadership. Take talent out of it and doesn’t that sound like Delph for example? When Vinny was injured he was still our leader.

Right now, our club has mistaken talent and success for ability to lead. That’s why we’re struggling.

Last edited:
When you see clips of him on the pitch talking to other players, or calling them out, and when you look at the shift(!) he puts in to set an example to the rest of his team, then I’m inclined to disagree with you
Yeh he’s done that recently mate, but just my opinion? & why the fuck aint our best striker of a ball not taking pens??

Before you start, I didn’t say we’ve no world class players. That’s obvious.

But world class players and leaders are different things.

Sometimes bang average players are great leaders.

KDB, Bernardo, Kun...all world class. None are leaders.

Silva? Give over. No leader passes backwards like Wednesday.

This is the underlying problem we have. Kompany left. Delph left.

Yes Delph. Bang average player, but more than able to keep pushing players strings and keep them focused.

Sane injured.

Is Sane a leader? I would say so. He leads by example and has stepped up in many big games when others, mentioned above have hidden.

This problem is now obvious.

We need leaders to inspire the world class players we have, because they can’t lead.
Completely agree

cmon cmon we've got a few
pnight2f.jpg
Yes, you're right I forgot to mention Gundogan.

My word... if Sane’s injured much longer he’ll be pushing Messi for the best player on the planet. Don’t get me wrong I love Leroy and he’s a wonderful talent but he could be hit and miss. Sometimes his attitude was poor and you just knew he was gonna get hooked. We have missed him but he wasn’t always a superstar as some want to recall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.