Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

I'm just wandering what level it is you think we aspire to? Genuinely curious.

You see for me, that performance today was lacking 2 things. Taking guilt edged chances and defending our box. This is something we had absolutely no issue with last season.

Everything in between was better than most teams in Europe. We limited them to very few chances and created an absolute shed load of our own. Territoriality dominated the game.

I'm really interested what this level is you speak of, because all that was missing today was our inability to take chances which is odd, giving we have scored more goals than any other team on the planet that actually matters.
Well, if you believe Pep, we aspire to be European Champions. I ( and many others on here) have been saying all year there is no chance we win it with that defence. That issue is now compounded by the fact that we are struggling to score. It isn’t just today. Yes we have scored a lot of goals but the number of chances we have squandered is mind blowing.

if we can’t win the champions league then our next goal has to be to compete in the league. Liverpool have now raised the bar we set in the last two seasons and we have to strengthen if we are to compete with them.

You see for me, that performance today was lacking 2 things. Taking guilt edged chances and defending our box. This is something we had absolutely no issue with last season.

Everything in between was better than most teams in Europe. We limited them to very few chances and created an absolute shed load of our own. Territoriality dominated the game.

I'm really interested what this level is you speak of, because all that was missing today was our inability to take chances which is odd, giving we have scored more goals than any other team on the planet that actually matters.

You are correct. Pep is correct. We played some superb football and just didn't do the important bit of putting the ball in the net. Of course everything else isn't perfect far from it. of course we as fans know better than Pep and would have picked a different team which would have won the match and the one last wednesday as well.

Champions League winners with Barca style is the ambiiton, because that would turn City into iconic club despite "only" having one European Cup, style is everything. We are miles off that, which means we need at least £500m of spending to achieve that goal.

Didn't JG say something like "I can't coach player to shoot. I can't coach player to tackle."

It shows now. Having players argue who takes the penalties on the pitch is always a recipe for disaster too.

It’s ok to lose a football match you know!

If you don’t like it go and support the rags.

I wonder how the Spurs fans feel about the game. They probably think they did really well...
Overheard a few on the way to the station and on the train. They seemed to accept the stats suggesting we had almost all the play and were chuffed they had beaten a team a fair bit better than themselves. It was almost as though they'd achieved a giant-killing rather than deserving to win.
A degree of realism not normally expected from Spurs fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.