#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Pep literally said recently that you have to look at Sterling beyond the goals and assists figures, which clearly close to absolutely nobody is doing.
So beyond assists and tap ins, what does Sterling have to offer when he has the ball?

Raheem Sterling had tests on the hamstring problem as Pep Guardiola’s squad reported for training on Monday and he is expected to be out for two or three weeks. [@SunMartinB]

Manchester City are confident Raheem Sterling will be available for their Champions League clash with Real Madrid. [@RobDawsonESPN]

Raheem Sterling had tests on the hamstring problem as Pep Guardiola’s squad reported for training on Monday and he is expected to be out for two or three weeks. [@SunMartinB]

Manchester City are confident Raheem Sterling will be available for their Champions League clash with Real Madrid. [@RobDawsonESPN]

Shame we have no game after West Ham for 2 weeks.

Quite telling that his best moment of the game came when he made a run down the inside-right channel (which Mahrez picked out beautifully) then got to the byline and pulled a great ball back for Agüero.

He is so much more comfortable on that side, he plays with more instinct and doesn’t second guess himself all the time
Been saying this since day 1. Few people grasp it...
Under Pellegrini Sterling was deployed on the left for a whole season and played gash.flowing passing moves from midfield involving Yaya and Silva would come to an abrubt halt as Raheem received the ball on his weaker left foot;stopped.and checked back onto his right.time and time again...
Pep joined close season,immediately put Sterling on the right wing in a pre season game ...he scored...and never looked back.
The purchase of,...and gradual integration of Mahrez to our side,predominantly on the right.and the injury to Leroy has pushed Sterling back to the left this season and his old self doubt has returned, fuelled,I believe by watching Mahrez form explode in his favoured posistion in the team...wide right....
This is a problem that will not go away.I don't see a simple answer to it.I don't even think Raheem needs a break or is tierd-his form and confidence have suffered ever since the Gomez incident when his national manager hung England's best player at the time out to dry....that self doubt is now manifesting itself in a poor touch once again whilst struggling on his weaker side.
Raheem will only return to top form for City back on the right wing ,where most of his devastating performances over the years have originated from.

How long are we supposed to watch him play so poorly before commenting on a thread about him that he’s been very poor for months and should be left out?
People being happy he is injured, the abuse he is getting again, totally uncalled for. He's been a huge part of our success over the last 3 years and been nothing short of brilliant. His first dip in form in that time and he's pulled to pieces and people are happy hes injured. That for me equals people being bellends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.