West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the club meant to say if they don't know themselves? It's the Premier League's decision isn't it, not the club ?
It is a decision for the safety authorities. I have been involved in managing large events. No one will ever ignore the official advice from safety experts. The conversation will be along the lines of..it just takes on hoarding to collapse on a child and you will be responsible. Its a no-brainer.

Pretty sure it will be off and the prolonged discussion is around when it will be rearranged for

They called Fulham off a few years ago for really bad wind.

I can’t see this going ahead but don’t get that as gospel blues, wait for the club announcement.

Interesting but irrelevant.

Sheff Utd are playing in what will be worse conditions.

Do football fans want to comeback midweek? Conditions at KO in Manchester could well be better than for the rearranged game and a lot more difficult for most to get to.
Hmm we were playing Sunderland until we weren't.

Let's drag this obvious off decision out for as long as we can to f**** everyone off. Especially traveling fans.

The idiots who run our game are an utter joke.
They'll already have set off. IMO it would be unfair and ridiculous to cancel it now. The storm is at its worst now in Manchester. People should think ahead....and that includes a rearrangement

Doesn’t matter about the weather later the club has a duty of care to the fans. Will they refund people whose trains were cancelled, no they won’t. Game should be called off now.

Weren’t we 1-0 down, then came back into the game to make it 1-1, we were looking as though we had them and then they called it off?

I could be wrong as I was about 8/9 but that’s what I recall.

I remember that because of it being the worst rain I’d ever seen and the Blackburn 2-2 as we had a man down at 2-0 and the comeback turned the atmosphere into one of the best I’ve heard.
The game I remember, Kare Ingerbritsen(?) scored early. Then it was 2 nil. Got to near half time and then they abandoned the match. They knocked a couple of quid off the price for the rescheduled game but we got no money back otherwise. A lot of us fans were pretty pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.