West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say there was no storm. I said by 4.30pm it is due to have passed. You are the one making stuff up not me.

Pint half full optimism, I must congratulate you Marvin. It's a sickly feeling when a match is called off, I didn't set off myself, and it will be interesting to see what sort of game Sheffield can contrive if it goes ahead.

That’s what is was like in platt lane the Ipswich game when the gutters burst we had to retreat to the stairs after rafting it back from the bar with the beers :)

Marvin said it was a fucking stupid decision to call it off that night as well and when ducks could be seen playing about on the pitch an hour later he was proven to be right then as well!

Yeah, but it’s about their break, not the cost! As others have said we should take a leaf out of the book of the it means more team, and play the u23s
Our next game is 22/02 they can still have a week in the sun most of us can't afford.

That being said it'll end up I think being a spring evening game when we've got a cup semi/final to play 2 days later...

Marvin.

Are you outside the Etihad yet?

If you are the match is off!

He's still on his way.

tenor.gif

Storm Ciara now officially renamed as Storm in a Tea Cup by the met office. Just back with the dog, but blowy and gusty but I wouldn't exactly say life threatening. That said I would be pleased it was cancelled if I were travelling a long way or were a west ham fan with the ammount of trains cancelled. Many trains cancelled through Cheshire so I was going to drive up. Bit bizarre that the game at Brammal Lane is on.
Up there with the worst weather I’ve seen in the UK for me today. Absolutely battering it down, crazy winds, sideways rain. You couldn’t have even stood up in it. And if you were able to, the force of the rain would have ripped your face off.

That sound you're hearing?

The whooping of Wags, bits on the side and the lifting of Louis Vuitton luggage being dragged to the limo earlier than planned.

Think of them and our players in their hour of need...
What about us? We have to spend the afternoons with our families now watching frozen for the 37th time this weekend. I was pinning my hopes of a salvaged day on a few beers and watching city trounce the hammers.

It's possible that Sheffield is more sheltered, but the Millwall game will be ridiculous unless the wind drops in the next two hours.
or perhaps I know its a long shot but perhaps City are putting the safety of its fans before the finances of the TV companies ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.