West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forecasts proved to be correct. City now have a fixture problem, and added to that Laporte loses a valuable opportunity to get game-time under his belt.

Have you had a 24 hour news blackout Marvin which has shown the effects the storm had right around the country, especially on travel?

Entirely the right decision to call the game off yesterday given the safety of fans and those that work at City was the most important thing.

84397549_844457649405637_903913654565470208_n.jpg

I finally get why some say the weather was bad yesterday!

That branch probably fell when the storm-front passed over Manchester a good three hours and more before the game was due to kick off, and when most people were set to travel.

No idea if you are attempting humour or being serious.

The branch is 180 miles from Manchester and the point of it is not the bit skewering next door's turf but the fact that it won't have been an isolated event. The number of branches of varying sizes on just our front lawn thanks to yesterday's weather exceeds 100. A whole, large tree came down in another neighbour's garden...

Yesterday was not a day for people to be out and about.

I can't believe that there are still some people moaning about the game being called off. It was the correct call to make and it's irrelevant that Sheffield played their game. There was a game at Leigh called off in the Women's league as was every other game in that league. Everton Ladies game was at Goodison, another premier league ground, so were they stupid as well? Give it up lads and lasses, it was the correct call.

It looked to have calmed down at about three but whipped up again towards kick off. I was thankful I didn't have to go out - I was almost at the ground for that Sunderland game that got called off, and for the Borussia MG game I got pissed wet through to the fifth layer of skin coming from the Academy to The Etihad, so it was indeed a good call. I suspect a lot of others were more inconvenienced but I wouldn't want a programme kiosk landing on my car!

Have you had a 24 hour news blackout Marvin which has shown the effects the storm had right around the country, especially on travel?

Entirely the right decision to call the game off yesterday given the safety of fans and those that work at City was the most important thing.
The storm-front passed way before we played as per the rainfall radar. We couldn't and shouldn't have played at 9-12. Thereafter it was perfectly playable as the game as Sheffield Utd proved. The sun was shining.

The storm-front passed way before we played as per the rainfall radar. We couldn't and shouldn't have played at 9-12. Thereafter it was perfectly playable as the game as Sheffield Utd proved. The sun was shining.
Did you enjoy the thunderstorm that started just as the game had been schedule to kick-off?

It looked to have calmed down at about three but whipped up again towards kick off. I was thankful I didn't have to go out - I was almost at the ground for that Sunderland game that got called off, and for the Borussia MG game I got pissed wet through to the fifth layer of skin coming from the Academy to The Etihad, so it was indeed a good call. I suspect a lot of others were more inconvenienced but I wouldn't want a programme kiosk landing on my car!
The storm was long gone by KO as per the forecasts. All we had were the odd isolated squall which at worst would have seen the players go off for 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.