West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you enjoy the thunderstorm that started just as the game had been schedule to kick-off?
The weather was largely fine. At worst delay JO whilst the shower cloud passes. It was all visible on the rainfall radar.

I've seen games called off before. I was at City v Ipswich when Vonky scored. Usually they get called off because of bad weather during a game, not 4 hours before it.

The storm-front passed way before we played as per the rainfall radar. We couldn't and shouldn't have played at 9-12. Thereafter it was perfectly playable as the game as Sheffield Utd proved. The sun was shining.

What part of people have to travel to the game do you not get Marvin?

Not everyone lives a 10 min walk from the ground.

Police and Rail firms where asking for those with anything but essential travel to stay at home.

A football game is not a reason for essential travel.

Anybody on here still claiming yesterday's decision to postpone the game was justified is simply wrong. When the official announcement was made at 11.15 am (after many non-local fans were already on their way) the weather radar showed that the worst of the storm had already passed through Manchester. Met Office predictions that travelling conditions would improve rapidly during the afternoon were proved entirely accurate. No problems with the pitch or the stadium were reported with everything set fair for kick off. Pep certainly took full advantage by jetting off to Munich. Also the idea that a surprise ten minute thundershower at 4.35pm would have caused abandonment anyway is just laughable.

What part of people have to travel to the game do you not get Marvin?

Not everyone lives a 10 min walk from the ground.

Police and Rail firms where asking for those with anything but essential travel to stay at home.

A football game is not a reason for essential travel.
Those who said the game would have been playable at 4.30pm were proven to be correct and for those traveling long distances I am sure they could work out for themselves whether it was safe to travel.

The storm-front passed way before we played as per the rainfall radar. We couldn't and shouldn't have played at 9-12. Thereafter it was perfectly playable as the game as Sheffield Utd proved. The sun was shining.

You are almost at the point of being a parody, never seen someone who has made a complete fool of himself so intent on not backing down, it wasn't fucking safe for a large percentage of our fans to get to the ground, grow the fuck up and stop trolling. Page after page of you talking fucking bollocks about the weather, you need to get a life.

Do we know when this will eventually be played yet? Or when that will be announced?

No, we might hear something in the coming days but wouldn't like to bet on it. They have known the Arsenal game needs re arranging for two week's now as well and we have heard nothing on that either.

Last edited:
You are almost at the point of being a parody, never seen someone who has made a complete fool of himself so intent on not backing down, it wasn't fucking safe for a large percentage of our fans to get to the ground, grow the fuck up and stop trolling. Page after page of you talking fucking bollocks about the weather, you need to get a life.
I'm the troll? Now that is funny. I don't mind being the subject of parody. I know I was right. I don't see why you should get so angry about it. Ignore the topic if it makes you angry. It's dead now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.