Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any Spurs fan on here say anything about Bernardo at all? It wasn’t a story that I followed in any depth.

Certainly, I don’t recall Spurs fans reporting Bernardo to the FA or calling for him to be kicked out of your club. ;-)

I definitely didn't post about it. It seemed every other forum had an opinion on Bernardo Silva being a racist, and 200 pages on here defending him.

Anyway, as I said before, faux outrage and all that bollocks. If people see the shit flying around the pubs , workplaces, memes, schools about the coronavirus we may as well call everybody a racist

We live in a world where people get very very very upset, hence some of the foaming at the mouth responses the past ten pages. Brilliant

I definitely didn't post about it. It seemed every other forum had an opinion on Bernardo Silva being a racist, and 200 pages on here defending him.

Anyway, as I said before, faux outrage and all that bollocks. If people see the shit flying around the pubs , workplaces, memes, schools about the coronavirus we may as well call everybody a racist

We live in a world where people get very very very upset, hence some of the foaming at the mouth responses the past ten pages. Brilliant

Agreed. Two wrongs don't make a right. Bernardo shouldn't have been punished for a joke and neither should Alli. It's a tyranny, the rule of the social media mob.

Agreed. Two wrongs don't make a right. Bernardo shouldn't have been punished for a joke and neither should Alli. It's a tyranny, the rule of the social media mob.
A joke between mates is different to whst ali has done,he has filmed an innocent person and made a racist remark,don't make him a racist but it was a racist remark

A joke between mates is different to whst ali has done,he has filmed an innocent person and made a racist remark,don't make him a racist but it was a racist remark

Remark?

What remark?

You can't have even seen the video. Epic fail!

It's no wonder that the story has generated a flood of self righteous indignation and virtue signalling when people feel unashamedly entitled to rush to judgement and point fingers without having bothered to do even the most basic research.

Growing up I never knew the term yid, my only dealings with the word was in relation to spurs fans. as I grew up I began to understand it was a derogatory term again without really knowing why until I later realised its Jewish origins and whilst I obviously understand it as an adult, the word for me is simply a throwaway term for a spurs fan in the same way we call united fans rags and have names for a lot of other fan bases. I usually refrain from using the word because I understand it’s offensive origins and the world we live in now means you have to be very wary of what you say but I personally don’t deem it an offensive word and I suspect many people of a similar age and particularly those younger don’t either.

Words have always changed meaning over time, I don’t see why a once derogatory and racist word can’t change too, another generation down the line and I believe that will happen.

Remark?

What remark?

You can't have even seen the video. Epic fail!

It's no wonder that the story has generated a flood of self righteous indignation and virtue signalling when people feel unashamedly entitled to rush to judgement and point fingers without having bothered to do even the most basic research.
I saw it before iit was taken down,if you saved it them pm it to me

About time too.

The words "yid" and "yiddo" have, over the past 40 years, been far more commonly used by Spurs and other fans (to mean Spurs fan or player) than by anti Semites to refer pejoratively to Jews.

Jim - I disagree strongly with you on this. It is a racist term. And it should go. Spurs don't need the word. it is ludicrously old fashioned and stupid like smoking, casual racism and Spitfires. Although with Brexit, I guess at least half the population want to bring this sort of thing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.