UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now here's Knickerless* responding rather gracelessly having had Rabin point out to him the error of his ways:

For someone who's always bragging about being a reseracher with a PhD, he sometimes comes across as ... well, not all that bright. Unless, of course, he's just a liar. Or, of course, a bit of both.

* - I'm not normally a one for these juvenile misspellings or corruptions of names in the interests of 'banter', but I'll make an exception for this contemptible twat.

You'd think that somebody who styles himself as an expert on these matters would be apologetic to have gone public with a statement so demonstrably untrue, but instead he turns it into a sly dig about the person calling him out not using a pseudonym. It's like a court reporter confusing the judge with the prosecuting counsel, in which case the person concerned would never be taken seriously again.

I am sure the leaks were probably indirect. Someone on the investigating committee spoke to someone high up at one of our commercial rivals and they spoke to someone down their food chain (probably in their Comms team) who passed it on to the New York Times and the Times. No footprints will be left anywhere.

Something like that, yes.
It might just be a staffmember rather than a committee member too.

LeTerme's comments are a bit odd. By saying "it definitely wasn't the IC", either:

- he's wrong and deliberately lying
- he doesn't know one way or another where they came from, and has gone for bluster
- he's right, and knows where they did come from.

Doesn’t he work for New York Cosmos - amongst his many “pies” ?
I think he was linked to Cosmos at some stage of his career. He was also a paid adviser for the Qatari World Cup bid and an adviser to the Commons Select Committee investigation into the Governance of Football in 2011 (another report which co-incidentally leaked to the press in advance sparking a Governnment leak inquiry which achieved nothing) He gets around a bit.

Although they have shunted that wanker Parry off into the sidings. I wonder why. New York based Liverpool fan, stories being leaked to a NY newspaper formally owned by Liverpool’s owner. Hmmmmm
Ive been over this a few times. Tariq Panja is the NYTT journalist breaking these "stories". Panja started his journalist career at the Manchester Evening News, where he developed David Gill as a source I believe. Leaks are coming from a senior figure at UEFA and Leterme is quite insistent that they aren't coming from him or any other member of the CFCB. David Gill is not part of the CFCB so Leterme is technically correct that, if Gill is the one providing Panjs with information, the leaks aren't coming from that source.

Inadvertently therefore, by telling the truth, Leterme has made it quite clear who the potential source is.

Last edited:
I think he was linked to Cosmos at some stage of his career. He was also a paid adviser for the Qatari World Cup bid and an adviser to the Commons Select Committee investigation into the Governance of Football in 2011 (another report which co-incidentally leaked to the press in advance sparking a Governnment leak inquiry which achieved nothing) He gets around a bit.

Just checked Parry certainly was on the Board of the Cosmos - not sure if he still is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.