UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this whole issue seems to have been kept under wraps. Probably for reasons over your head - unless you are a PR guru in the know about all City related issues. I’m also sure she takes her instructions from the board rather than the “knowFA” fans.
Spot on CC1.Even Khaldoon when asked by Chris ? during his yearly interviews stated that the Club would NOT engage in "war" with journalists.We have no idea as to who tells VK what she should or should not be doing.But I can guess ... Khaldoon via HH.

Reactions: CC1
I really don't understand how they came to the conclusion that we have committed an offence serious enough to reopen the case and have us banned. The UEFA leaks (just after we won the league) implied that we had misled the original investigations and our owner had been secretly supplying large amounts of money. That can't be through the Etisalat and Aarbaar, IIRC sponsorships, they must mean the Etihad deal. But that's fair value and part of the settlement. It seems as though the Abu Dhabi Executive Council underwriting the Etihad deal is the problem. One of our directors discussing how to fund the sponsorship according to the email in Der Spiegel. But even if that email is legit, it was accepted as fair value so we didn't need to declare it a related party, so we didn't mislead?
Recapitalization of Etihad Airways by ADEC is no business of EUFA, or City for that matter. The source of a sponsor's funds, unless it is the owners funds disguised is irrelevant. Etihad payed the full sponsorship from their own resources. The action ADEC took when Etihad had financial problems is, I think a matter of public record.

Spot on CC1.Even Khaldoon when asked by Chris ? during his yearly interviews stated that the Club would NOT engage in "war" with journalists.We have no idea as to who tells VK what she should or should not be doing.But I can guess ... Khaldoon via HH.
In a matter of this importance every PR Pro would consult senior management and would not respond willy nilly.

There's the rub.
UEFA started an investigation, they didn't conclude that investigation, they relied on hacked emails and press reports taken out of context, they didn't pass information to City and therefore didn't allow City to present any evidence or rebuttal, they kicked the issue upstairs to avoid missing the statute limitations, they only presented a "scope" document because they couldn't provide an investigation report as the investigation wasn't complete, they're questioning the published accounts of major companies, they've exceeded their own powers by reopening a case that was settled in full, they've exceeded their own power by investigating beyond the current FFP reporting period, they've exceeded their own powers by passing an unfinished investigation to the adjudicatory chamber, they have seemingly deliberately leaked data on multiple occasions including after City had asked them to cease doing so.
Huh, is that all? Small potatoes.

Recapitalization of Etihad Airways by ADEC is no business of EUFA, or City for that matter. The source of a sponsor's funds, unless it is the owners funds disguised is irrelevant. Etihad payed the full sponsorship from their own resources. The action ADEC took when Etihad had financial problems is, I think a matter of public record.

Precisely... didn’t the US government pour funds into GM to protect it from bankruptcy? Shouldn’t the media and UEFA be looking at how the US government funded Man United’s Chevrolet sponsorship. The whole affair is a joke and I just hope we will get to see the whole thing laid bare. I think Munich, Barcelona, The Rags and Dippers all have a finger in this pie. I just hope they all get their hands very badly burned.

I think the club got that right on two different levels. They get CAS warmed up and in the right mindset for any subsequent appeal. They make it clear to Uefa that we aint going to take any more shit and we have a lot of mud to sling.
It was a great tactical move by City's legal team. Essentially a pre-emptive strike. In fact Le Terme's abrasive comments, now publicised in the CAS documents, suggests UEFA have not even bothered to investigate the allegations of leaks from their own investigation. This compounds their predicament and is more legal ammunition for City.

It was a great tactical move by City's legal team. Essentially a pre-emptive strike. In fact Le Terme's abrasive comments, now publicised in the CAS documents, suggests UEFA have not even bothered to investigate the allegations of leaks from their own investigation. This compounds their predicament and is more legal ammunition for City.
It's almost as if City do know what they're doing after all, given some of the posts on here that's going to come as a surprise to their detractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.