UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gut thinks the 2 season Ban was deliberate by UEFA,to be used as a negotiating tactic down to a 1 season ban.

They hope we will take the bait like we did 7 years ago.

This is very, very, very bad news.. no way are they putting this ban out and then letting it get overturned. We will get at least a year and it will massively change the course of the club for the next 5-10 years imo. From Peps continued employment to player recruitment to revenue streams to perception of the club to others... not a positive to be drawn I’m afraid.

Drama queen

Yes, quite possibly. However the club had to wait for the process to complete and will have been working on this for quite while. EUFA delayed the decision which to me indicates that there are issues with their position.

I think some of the cosying up that happened during this years group stage might have been EUFA looking for a compromise, City have clearly said "see you in court" and so this now needs to play out legally.

That being the case I'm pretty confident. SM will not want any loss of face.

The club will go in hard now. I'm pretty sure that this will be the end of FFP and possibly EUFA in its current form.

Whilst I admire your optimism and hope to god you are right fans are right to be very concerned about this. So far if the club is to be believed we got done over last time, got called cheats and took a pinch. That was a shithouse thing to do if we were clean. We keep hearing the media var and refs are against us even the head of the premier league. What do we do with these journalists? Not much. What media campaign do we run? Not much. A sound bite from Pep which could be taken as somethIng else. Wow.

Now let’s take Liverpool they actually hack us, admit to hacking us and boy do we go for it, 1 million and keep it stum. Brilliant a team that is our rival. That has cheated and we tickle their tum. I don’t know a fan of any other club who even knows the story. I know plenty who think we are cheats. In fact unless you are a city fan that’s now what we are cheats. Everything we achieved was diluted as money bags City buying it, now it’s worse we are bent.

They fucking better start not just over turning this but go after all the fuckers that have done us over and spread this shit. Unless we’re guilty of course.

Now we have been charged isnt this where CAS comes in?
Yes. And if you read the club statement that maybe not the only recourse.

City have been well and truly cast as villains so many will be cynical as to whether CAS will overturn a judgement against what is seen as an Emirati club.

The club statement is robust in that it addresses the judgement on two levels:

1. The process - "The UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun"
2. The evidence - "The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position."

It's difficult to understand how the "comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence" can be squared with UEFA's judgement. That will be for CAS to consider.
Ha, European Judges , might as well appeal to Wenger, Klopp and Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.