UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI became involved in the FIFA scandal because some part of CONECAF was based out of Miami. There was a corrupt TV deal between some Brazilian crowd and one of the central American football association's. Once any of the crimes happen on American soil they give themselves free reign to go wherever the investigation takes them.
Yes.
If any criminal transaction involves the US Dollar, the US Authorities count that as a federal offence.
Doesn't matter which countries are involved.

Yes.
If any criminal transaction involves the US Dollar, the US Authorities count that as a federal offence.
Doesn't matter which countries are involved.
Spot on - I remember that being stated at he time. Crime involving US currency gives them automatic jurisdiction.

Reading some the hys comments after the bbc report from the europa league final (which,btw, has not been described as the death of football, even though one team was considerably better than the other, and proved it by scoring a few goals) it appears that there is a large number of contributors who believe that Baku only got the final because uefa took bribes from an ‘oil producing’ state.
This leads me to the conclusion, since uefa are in thrall to ‘dirty oil money’ that our own bribes department are falling short of the required standards.
I suppose if we are cleared of any wrongdoing, then it will be implied that we bought them off after the event rather than trying to prevent any investigation in the first place with big brown envelopes.
A bit like praying for the victims of a disaster, rather than praying for the disaster not to occur in the first place.

Reading some the hys comments after the bbc report from the europa league final (which,btw, has not been described as the death of football, even though one team was considerably better than the other, and proved it by scoring a few goals) it appears that there is a large number of contributors who believe that Baku only got the final because uefa took bribes from an ‘oil producing’ state.
This leads me to the conclusion, since uefa are in thrall to ‘dirty oil money’ that our own bribes department are falling short of the required standards.
I suppose if we are cleared of any wrongdoing, then it will be implied that we bought them off after the event rather than trying to prevent any investigation in the first place with big brown envelopes.
A bit like praying for the victims of a disaster, rather than praying for the disaster not to occur in the first place.
Blame Rahim

I am aware that the FBI went after Chuck Blazer initially but what was the motivation. It is an organisation which has lots of priorites and a dodgy TV deal would not have been high on their list. They must have been heavily influenced by broader political considerations
Was there ever a more appropriate name for a FIFA official ?

Isn't this just part of the giant proxy war which is going on between the USA, UK, Saudi Arabia and the UAE and the Qataris (and Russians). The reasons the FBI went after FIFA is because the Americans will do anything to stop Qatar (and Iran) from extending their influence in the world
In a word, no. Qatar and the US are best buds.

Not sure where you’re getting that duff info. Qatar and the US are the closest allies in the region hence the fucking huge airbase in the country (the only US airbase in the Middle East) and Tamin Al Thani having a recent state visit and banquet at the White House.

Also, how many Qatari’s have the FBI indicted? Your theory stands up to absolutely no scrutiny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.