UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Media already decided no way Pep is staying without CL so I expect rumors will start for KDB, Sergio, Raz and continue for Sane. We were facing a summer of uncertainty over Pep unless he signs an extension and it's never a good idea to go into a season when there is continuous media coverage of whether Pep would be staying but this just makes it worse. I think it's time to Pep to either get behind the club regardless of CL and extend or walk away and let someone else rebuild.
And now the positives....

Pep was highly likely going in 12 months anyway.

If he decides to go the end of this season Then we can start the rebuild now instead of in 12 months time.

We will not lose Foden,and Garcia because of lack of game time.

And lets be honest we have never looked remotely like winning this corrupt competition with Pep as manager.He simply can not be pragmatic when he needs to against Europes best teams.

Aguero will see out his contract with us regardless because of his advanced age.And because he genuinely loves us.

Raz if he wants to go the £100,000 000 will seriously come in handy the next 2 seasons

Leroy has been colluding for a move with Bayern for a while.Another £100 000 000 to team rebuilding.

We go back to buying good up and coming players again like we did VK,and david Silva.

KDB would be a loss.

Could this not drag out for years, after CAS the European courts?

To be honest as much as I hate the bastards, they have to have the evidence to have gone this far. If true this means the club have been bluffing and blustering all this time hoping it would deter them, but knowing if it failed we were fucked. We will soon find out I guess because the shit has now definitely hit the fan.

I have to say this even though I expect lots of flak :)

What we are guilty of is gross negligence by getting caught. Club officials have been amateurish in the extreme by allowing highly confidential mails to be hacked and to be honest if we were reading them from another club we would be getting stuck into them.

Have the club used various means to bypass the effects of FFP after the first sanctions? Highly likely in my view and the mails pretty much confirm this. Conn is right (unfortunately) in his Guardian article that the club has had the opportunity to provide the full email chains to refute them and presumably they havent done so. We are relying on the defence that the mails were illegally obtained so cant be used as evidence.

This defence might be enough...I doubt it though.

I think we have to be careful not to legitimise the so-called rules by suggesting that there is something wrong with breaking them or yhat we "deserve" a ban. The rules would be illegal in any other form of business and are anti-competitive in sporting terms. That's the real scandal in this whole sordid affair.

I have to say this even though I expect lots of flak :)

What we are guilty of is gross negligence by getting caught. Club officials have been amateurish in the extreme by allowing highly confidential mails to be hacked and to be honest if we were reading them from another club we would be getting stuck into them.

Have the club used various means to bypass the effects of FFP after the first sanctions? Highly likely in my view and the mails pretty much confirm this. Conn is right (unfortunately) in his Guardian article that the club has had the opportunity to provide the full email chains to refute them and presumably they havent done so. We are relying on the defence that the mails were illegally obtained so cant be used as evidence.

This defence might be enough...I doubt it though.

Who knows. Wouldn't say you deserve flak though, it's okay to present an alternative view.

In the worst case scenario the manager and some star players will leave and we will be impacted for 2-3 years as we recover.

2 or 3 years, even 4 or 5, is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of this clubs future though.

We won’t be killed off. We’ll come again and over the next 10, 20, 30 years we will be the most successful English club.

One day we’ll look back at this era when they repeatedly tried to stop us and we’ll laugh because ultimately they will have failed.
You must be a lot younger than me. The only upside I can see if this is that Phil Foden is deffo going to get good game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.