UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The silver lining in all this is that the gloves are now off from ALL parties; City, uefa, ECA, media and fans. Time to start the battle for real now.

I am actually relieved that this has come about. If we had got off with a "technical violation" our detractors would be sniping for ever. Now we get the chance to exonerate ourselves. The choice is simple now, we are either innocent or guilty. I, for one, like that option!!!

Last edited:
Given our original appeal at CAS where there wasnt even a real case to appeal and the time they took to make a decision about that means it is not gonna be a quick one.

But for Uefa it would be important to close it before new season start as they need to know which English clubs will be in CL and which ones in EL. If they remove us PL 5th will be in group stage while PL 7th might have to join EL already in August or July.

I think Wolves finished 6th last season and they had to play in July some early EL qualification game.

The latest is end of June they have to know it imo otherwise if it is still pending during the summer would mean the actual ban cannot start and would be delayed haha and it might be in our favour if it delays in some way.

Whoever finishes 5th will be so happy if they ban us and they can go to CL for all the extra income. I hope it is Wolves or Sheffield haha and not United, Arsenal or Spurs.

So if Etihad are paying £8m a year thAt is surely way less than market value got kit and stadium sponsorship. Doing a failing airline s favour is a crime!

Uefa can fuck off
We could buy any player we want for New York City tomorrow and loan to us
If they think we took the piss then think what we could do

As for the other big clubs. We may as well employ some Russian hackers and dig some dirt
Seems hacking not an issue

I’m pretty sure they said they couldn’t hear the case until UEFA released their decision, and that City could return to court after that happens.
So, it’s happened and now we go back to CAS.
They took weeks for them to say that, and were in possession of all our appeal papers. They judge on adherence to procedure and policy and whether in that process they have adjudicated fairly. All that was missing was for UEFA to give us a penalty. CAS know whether or not we were treated fairly. It's a done deal already, they might hang it out so it seems like they were giving it due consideration but they will rule for UEFA. On the premis that UEFA/FIFA is corrupt, FFP was introduced to protect a cartel , the bungs have been paid, the fix is in and the decision will stand. I have seen nothing over the last few years to make me feel otherwise

I'm still scratching my head as to what evidence UEFA have used to come to such a conclusion? There seems to be none, save some excerpts from leaked or hacked emails which are not even determined to have come from our club.

The direction and influence on UEFA from our competition is clear. Our attention needs to be on this ruling first and foremost, we have to win this next step. From there we can look at action against individuals and organisations that have pushed this.

Will our case to CAS be with regard to the decision, the process, or both?

Clearly the punishment has been overstated by UEFA in anticipation of a challenge and reduction to one year. Which in itself is a perversion of the system to enable UEFA to get their own way, and should be pointed out to CAS in our case.

Then there is the pinch we took last time, which was supposed to legally close the case on this. I would hope CAS would find that legally binding and throw out this extra punishment for the same offence. That would be the ideal situation.

But the real issue is that the decision was taken before the investigation. Therefore any investigation and punishment was influenced, especially as the head of the investigation himself showed the bias publicly prior to the investigation starting. Regardless of CAS's decision now, for us to compete in competitions shown to have a bias against us at the top level, how can we let that go unchallenged now? This should also be an element of our case, and we should push for CAS to recommend Leterme's immediate removal. It's not the extent of the problem, but it is a warning to others - collude against city and we won't take it lying down.

Would love for us to focus on the champions league now though and win it. Let them have the prospect of a champions league next season without the actual champions of the competition. And when we go to lift the trophy, just drop it and walk off. But I suspect we'll find the officiating against Real to be quite challenging now. UEFA will want us out as soon as possible.

UEFA is riddled with corruption and ill influences from top to bottom. It protects favoured clubs at the expense of others, to see it crumble would be as good as the Aguero moment for me.

Against Real I hope we make those UEFA delegates feel extremely unwelcome. I don't like the idea of a European superleague, but if it meant the demise of UEFA then sign me up right now.

I’m pretty sure they said they couldn’t hear the case until UEFA released their decision, and that City could return to court after that happens.
So, it’s happened and now we go back to CAS.

Uefa statement to me reads they know it’s getting appealed to and reduced by cas
They are trying to inflict maximum damage before the Madrid game
Two years is obviously excessive and designed to be reduced to one

We should just tie the ****s in knots for years

They took weeks for them to say that, and were in possession of all our appeal papers. They judge on adherence to procedure and policy and whether in that process they have adjudicated fairly. All that was missing was for UEFA to give us a penalty. CAS know whether or not we were treated fairly. It's a done deal already, they might hang it out so it seems like they were giving it due consideration but they will rule for UEFA. On the premis that UEFA/FIFA is corrupt, FFP was introduced to protect a cartel , the bungs have been paid, the fix is in and the decision will stand. I have seen nothing over the last few years to make me feel otherwise

Maybe. We have to go back to court though.
And there was plenty of criticism of UEFA’s case by CAS so I’m a bit more optimistic than you.

I love city to the bones. From 79 to present day ive seen some complete shite and seen stuff id resigned myself to never seeing so all this is a probably 5 year blip and i hope we come back and come back stronger

But ... at this moment in time i HATE football

Just got up, having celebrated Valentine's Day with the missus and then gone to bed. All hell has broken loose in the interim, it seems.

This reflects not only on City but the UAE as a whole. Picking a fight with the state that has the second biggest SWF in the entire world on dodgy grounds to appease a few old-money vested interests? Well done, UEFA. You've brought what's to come on yourselves.

As a lawyer, I find this fascinating because it'll go nuclear now. I'm reminded of what the young Elvis Costello sang forty-odd years ago: "If I'm gonna go down, you're gonna come with me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.