UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought there might have been a very public and very strong statement released by the club the lack of one doesn’t fill me with great hope. Can’t see what we are waiting for now.

There has been???

I'm not as clued up on this case as you guys are. But I keep seeing references to 'irrefutable evidence' that you aren't guilty. Is this just something the owners have come out with? Or is there more to it?

thats a fair point, but I expect CAS to be impartial.....

I think it’s pot luck. UEFA picks one judge, we pick another, and CAS themselves provide the third. The whole thing will hinge on that one man’s interpretation of events.
Personally, given that we will have been tried and found guilty by the media a million times over before CAS delivers its judgment, I’d say that 3rd judge will need balls of steel if he’s gonna exonerate us, cos in the eyes of the brainwashed public it would be like Nuremberg freeing Herman Goering. UEFA were as calculating as always in making our ban 2 years, cos it gives CAS the chicken’s way out, ie.downgrading the punishment rather than overruling it, which is no use to City. Even a 1 year ban utterly fucks us financially, and never mind the reputational damage

I'm not as clued up on this case as you guys are. But I keep seeing references to 'irrefutable evidence' that you aren't guilty. Is this just something the owners have come out with? Or is there more to it?
We will expose the corruption at UEFA and the premier league and you lot and them other red mardarses will all be part of it.

UEFA considers that City have committed "serious breaches" of the FFP regulations by "overstating its sponsorship revenues" between2012 and 2016. Am I correct in believing that this is the first time any doubt about City's accounts for this period have been raised? Am I correct in believing that UEFA declared City (and PSG) to be released from all penalties in 2015 because of the club's conformity to the FFP regulations? I presume UEFA have informed the club which sponsorship deals have been overstated and what information has proved this. My opinion is that if UEFA are not on rock solid ground they are in serious trouble. Not only will they have to make their case in CAS they can expect action in the commercial courts against them by the club but also by some heavyweight sponsors who will be feeling mightily aggrieved. This is in addition to examinations of process and procedure employed by UEFA and the personnel involved. UEFA are playing a very risky game and a strategy of hoping that a very heavy sanction may persuade City to take another pinch - if that is what UEFA intend - will not work. I still feel, though, that CAS will save UEFA's bacon by upholding City's appeal that the procedure was so flawed that the verdict cannot be upheld. The question then will be whether City are prepared to push for punitive damages... What do you think the mood in Abu Dhabi is at the moment?
You sum it up nicely.
1. Uefa appear to have reopened a settled matter. Their excuse for this is that we deceived them at that time. But they tried to cover up the scope of the enquiry by witholding the relevant document.
2. There was supposed to be an independent forensic analysis of our books. Did this form the basis of the evidence or are they relying on hacked material?
3. Given that we asked for damages for the leaks, there is every chance we will sue for damages here, if CAS find for us on the substance.

CAS will approve a lesser ban of 1 year and reduced fine. The question is our owner says we have provided evidence of no wrongdoing - that means we must not accept a lower charge.

This will go to court unless our owners go against their own words and back down

Remember CAS panel is chosen. One by us, one by uefa and the last panel member is random
it's the random one i worry about. i know what to expect from the UEFA puppet, though.

My love for football drops another notch, clearly City had to cheat/ fudge accounts awash with money of their own in order to keep in a race with angry giants awash with debt ( mufc), govt /state support ( Spain). Our project/ franchise is damaged to a significant degree and the City rollercoaster heads for a dip after a breathless ride .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.