UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP before the cartel's involvement:

An idea to protect clubs from going into financial ruin by building up debts.

FFP after the cartel's involvement:

A weapon used by UEFA, to target financially healthy clubs that aren't on their VIP list, with zero debts. Taking 10s of millions from them directly for not being 'financially sustainable' enough and potentially setting those clubs back several years and costing them 100s of millions in the process, while damaging their marketability and their revenue streams.

I bet Platini has some story's to tell, if his palm was sufficiently greased.

I kinda of understand the rules, what I can't understand if its a euro wide rule, up here Rangers have posted loses for the last four years but keep using loans to spend on players. It totalled about £45m which in relation to maybe bigger clubs isn't up there, but, the principal surely should be the same?

They are spending more than they earn every year, although up here the SFA seem to not bother. How are they allowed to do this when City are hammered? Oh, that's it, you don't have an FA that backs you no matter what the fuck happens.

I hope you can get this removed under appeal but the bigger question is if it's a rule for all how can some blatantly ignore it and get away with it and you can't? Oh, that's right. Rangers an do whatever the fuck they like. They are the people.

Took a few minutes to prove he’s lying or not doing his job

CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber
Chairman
José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues (Portugal)
Vice-Chairmen
Christiaan Timmermans (Netherlands)
Louis Peila (Switzerland)
Members
Charles Flint (England)
Adam Giersz (Poland)

Club Financial Control Body Investigatory Chamber
Chairman and Chief Investigator
Yves Leterme (Belgium)
Members
Jacobo Beltrán (Spain)
Egon Franck (Germany)
Konstantin Sonin (Russia)
Petra Stanonik Bošnjak (Slovenia)
Yves Wehrli (France)

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2636197.html
No mention of our pal Parry who stepped down shortly after the leaks. He has been airbrushed off their website!

Last edited:
Personally speaking I think this will rally us, Pep will sign for a few more seasons and we will bury UEFA. The corrupt vile establishment will be fucked up to the core after we are finished with them.
Call to arms Blues man the barricades.

MOST City fans don't care?

So it was a minority of fans then who generated the great atmosphere against Spurs, the crazed celebration of Sterling's "goal" at the end and who were totally crushed by the outcome?

I fucking cared and I don't think I'm in a minority.
This has galvanised us like never before.

I bet Platini has some story's to tell, if his palm was sufficiently greased.
That would be the only satisfactory outcome, after the CAS throw the ban and the fine out of the window. Because I feel that's not really enough after the damage this has done. If the club haven't done what they are accused of, then no ban is nothing to be pleased about.

Certain clubs and connected parties from organizing bodies from various countries, all getting their comeuppance, would be a step in the right direction.

Well in the last 24 hours we have gone from the St. Valentines day ambush to the nightmare on UEFA street. Apart from the 2 year ban we are allegedly being deducted points in the PL, Pep is walking out, we may be barred from FA competitions, players will start to leave, it will be difficult to recruit new players, top personnel are being investigated, etc etc. You couldn't make it up could you. Unbelievable!
If these allegations are untrue ( which I sincerely hope they are ) then the club should come out shooting all barrels with immediate effect. No more Mr nice guy with the veiled threats let's hit them hard and fast. Our relationship with UEFA will never be the same again so why worry about the consequences.
The integrity of the club is at stake and the longer this goes on the more we get branded 'cheats' by all and sundry ( apart from Martin Samuel of course ).
For those of you that think this will blow over like Storm Dennis think again. We need to fight back before the damage becomes irreparable.
C'mon City let's get this done. The war starts now.
It occurs to me that, if some clubs and press get their way, the PL will start their own sanction process. But they can't rely on UEFA's findings, but would have to produce their own evidence, which we, of course, would counter with our file of incontrovertible proof. They would have to find us not guilty. So PL and UEFA at loggerheads!

I’ve suspected for a while that the “leaks” benefited UEFA more than anyone. Yesterday confirmed it.

UEFA have one objective - to navigate a way through this while keeping as many parties happy as possible.

They have satisfied the cartel by damaging our reputation with this sanction but the leaks mean it will be overturned by CAS. It will be seen as UEFA doing all they can but City “getting off on a technicality”. We’d still be guilty in the eyes of the football world but receive no punishment. That suits UEFA perfectly.

I have little doubt this ban will be thrown out - the only question I have is whether city will play along with the charade and accept the reputational damage if no ban is enforced. Or will City get the ban overturned and go after blood? My suspicion is we will play along - our lawyers won’t act on emotion like us fans, which is almost always a good thing.
I very much doubt the club will just play along and leave it at CAS overturning the ban, mate.

At this point UEFA and the cartel clubs have made it very clear that unless the apparatus they have devised to continually attack and damage us is destroyed, defensive action on our part just leads to the need for more defensive action later. Ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

With each attack lasting damage on our (and CFG’s) brand and standing is inflicted, meaning allowing future ones is ultimately allowing them to chip away at the club, no matter if we repel the greater part of their thrusts.

As I said earlier in the thread, I am fairly certain that the club now know they must kill the cancer, rather than merely mitigate the symptoms, otherwise the cancer is going to kill the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.