UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh the media have targeted us as its like a golden goose for them, the more negative a story the more the hordes of rags and dippers click / read / buy their products. For UEFA it is just a happy coincidence that we are portrayed negatively as it gives them a chance to try fob us off and please the cartel clubs, knowing most people will be on their side as we are the 'bad guys'. If we weren't perceived so negatively I think it would be more difficult for them to try fuck us over if public opinion was more balanced and the media held them to account for the bullshit they pull.
Martin Samuel is the country's top footy journo. He's not sticking the boot into us - he's telling it like it is vis-a-vis FFP being a protection racket for the elite clubs.

Heard him lying on Radio 5 Live this morning. He was asked a good question by the presenter: "So who actually sits on this committee that ordered the ban?" His response was: "That isn't in the public domain" Well it's on the UEFA website and he knows full well that leaks have been coming out of UEFA to our commercial rivals. Just yesterday he tweeted how he had been told the "net is closing on City" by a Premier League CEO. Well he must have been one with Psychic powers. It didn't take long for Stone's lies to unravel.
Took a few minutes to prove he’s lying or not doing his job

CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber
Chairman
José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues (Portugal)
Vice-Chairmen
Christiaan Timmermans (Netherlands)
Louis Peila (Switzerland)
Members
Charles Flint (England)
Adam Giersz (Poland)

Club Financial Control Body Investigatory Chamber
Chairman and Chief Investigator
Yves Leterme (Belgium)
Members
Jacobo Beltrán (Spain)
Egon Franck (Germany)
Konstantin Sonin (Russia)
Petra Stanonik Bošnjak (Slovenia)
Yves Wehrli (France)

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2636197.html

Last edited:
I don't speak for my fellow Liverpool fans.
I have friends and family who support a variety of different teams and I try to view situations like this on a pure football basis.
We all know man city success has been built on "winning the lottery" but don't take that as a dig.
Extra competition injected by city has upped the quality level of the premier league e.g.. 100 points required to win the league compared to 78-80 twenty years ago.
Like I said I hope cas tells UEFA to shove it

Just like Liverpool’s success was built on the pools money. Don’t take that as a dig mate.

We won’t end up getting banned and this will just make it all the sweeter when we keep on winning trophies.

The only damage is to our reputation mainly with fans of other clubs who detest us anyway. Neutrals wont giving a flying fuck - in the same way I couldn’t care less when PSG/Milan etc were going through this.
bang on that one matey,i couldnt even be arsed reading about the PSG case and im sure they wont be arsed with ours,were going to get the old oil dollers thing long after you,me and everyone else on here is dead,soon something else will pop up for the media and they will find another victim

I’m not hoping PSG get sanctioned. Just wondering why they get let off and City don’t when basically they been doing the same thing.

I don’t get what is wrong with it. If someone wants to plow money into something then why not. It’s like saying Ferrari aren’t allowed to spend more than McClaren incase the competition dies down.
Already answered. The case are technically different although the goal of both clubs were similar. When UEFA wants to sanctions, they have to point breach in their rules. Couldn't do it with PSG but can with the leaks on City.

In my opinion, the sponsors of PSG were way more inflated than City ones in the early days.

The difference being PSG got investigated and their sponsors adjusted. As a consequence, PSG got the chance to play by the rules and sold players to make up the loss and avoid a break even deficit.

City contracts didn't get adjusted after the 2014 agreement. But using the Leaks, they have adjusted your contracts. City didn't get the chance to balance the books (the period is over) and is getting done HARD. On top of that, they are accusing you of decepcion, basically.

City would have NO problem to balance the books and fulfill the break even requirement if their contracts had been treated like PSG ones. The deficit would have been smaller. Just one or two sales and it would be ok.

ECA RUN football UEFA are just the governing body, the EVA is the cartel that's pushing for city's demise,no doubt led by David Gill.

bang on that one matey,i couldnt even be arsed reading about the PSG case and im sure they wont be arsed with ours,were going to get the old oil dollers thing long after you,me and everyone else on here is dead,soon something else will pop up for the media and they will find another victim
PSG have someone at the top table. We don't.

FFP before the cartel's involvement:

An idea to protect clubs from going into financial ruin by building up debts.

FFP after the cartel's involvement:

A weapon used by UEFA, to target financially healthy clubs that aren't on their VIP list, with zero debts. Taking 10s of millions from them directly for not being 'financially sustainable' enough and potentially setting those clubs back several years and costing them 100s of millions in the process, while damaging their marketability and their revenue streams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.