UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we aren’t lily-white in terms of compliance but what the fcuk? FFP is a protection racket, so ...
  • We hit UEFA each and every way we can. If the CAS appeal is won solely on procedural niceties, that will do fine. They’ll hurt while we laugh.
  • Regardless of CAS outcome, we pursue them on FFP legality and rinse the conniving cnuts if we win. They had the opportunity to back off but provoked a fight.
  • Football is totally tribal. We haven’t killed Italians, evicted Munich families or been subsidised by the Spanish government but we’ll still be oil-fuelled cheats whichever way it goes. Well, when you challenge the darling elite, you become hard-nosed bastards and no longer “ickle ole Citeh”.
  • Pep is already at a crossroad and quite possibly on the brink of leaving without having made waves in the CL. He’s neither a son of Stockport nor a god. A top manager and great if he stays to rebuild. If he moves on, though, so do we.
  • Let’s have this in context. We’ve been in the third division, ridiculed and almost broken. We’ve survived Bovril, York away, Wilfred Bony, the GPC and the Kippax urinals. We kept our core support and bounced back big time. The current episode is nit-shit against the backdrop of our history.

mullock is a journo i trust,he has done a good spread on us today with lots of quote from a senior source ,calm,reassuring,it's not armageddon and we were expecting it,sam has droped out of my top 3,only mullock and samuels left with a mention for the times

We probably were expecting it once we refused the supposed deal if that ever happened. The club might be relaxed as they were told, "Look we know we haven't got enough to stick but the cartel are baying for blood. If you refuse the deal we'll ban you but you will win the appeal." Hopefully something like this is the case.

You can as long as the money then comes directly from the sponsors and represents market value.

As Mark Stephens, a top UK lawyer, has said today: "Interestingly there is no precedent for UEFA second guessing what is the correct amount for commercial sponsorship deals."

Can anyone enlighten me on the mechanism that UEFA uses to assess "market value"? Is it a scientific formula? Equally, isn't the value of a sponsorship what it's worth to the sponsor rather than the sponsored?

we have nothing to worry about ,

FFP introduced by plattini ( whos been arrested for corruption )

UEFA got there information of a hacker ( hacker been arrested )

Don’t see how we can loose in court especially with all the top lawyers we have
While it obviously isn't that simple for a bunch of reasons, the fact is that litigation is messy and the inherent uncertainly of a trial, even when you mostly have the facts on your side, makes the whole thing an extremely risky proposition. I'm sure we will have the best counsel that money can buy, but there is a very good reason that some 90% of lawsuits end up in a pre-trial settlement, when you go before a judge you just never fucking know. In my opinion we've fucked up royally by allowing it to get anywhere close to this far.

There's an awful lot of hyperbole about.

If any ban is upheld. I would expect City to take legal action against FFP and in particular to fight the notion that we should have to comply with the loss making rules when we have been put in a position that robs us of huge sums of income. All this shit has to be challenged in court.
Absolutely, spot on.

As Mark Stephens, a top UK lawyer, has said today: "Interestingly there is no precedent for UEFA second guessing what is the correct amount for commercial sponsorship deals."

Can anyone enlighten me on the mechanism that UEFA uses to assess "market value"? Is it a scientific formula? Equally, isn't the value of a sponsorship what it's worth to the sponsor rather than the sponsored?
yea its simple

you want to sponsor a G14 club that's a billion

you want to sponsor a non G14 club that's £2.50p please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.