UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go out and buy more clubs in Europe say from Poland, Sweden, and from Eastern Europe. Then when any good youngsters look good enough to come to us. Then when they are at 14 buy them and train them so by the time they are good enough to come into the 1st team they will qualify as home grown. As you have to have been with the club for 6yrs to qualify for home grown if you come from outside of your clubs base.

This hopefully would keep us well in front of any FFP charges. That UEFA would look to throw at us, but I have no doubt that they will try some other way to get back at us.
6 years? Has something changed as I thought it was still 3 years?

The rags must have had an advance tip off about the scrappig of the £7m annual wage incdrease limit. It's been widely known that they were maxed out on wages and would have to sell to buy and/or increase wages. Then hey presto, hours after it's announced that Rashford gets a new contract on £200,000-£250,000 a week the rule is scrapped.

It was a stupid rule like the article says it stopped the clubs below 6th spending big or waiting to ofload players before buying! It was a rule that that K@nt Gill thought it would hamper us more than the scum! Backfired somewhat and with a wave if Gills corrupt wand puff its gone!

Its a good thing its gone though.

Pity the cnut Gill can't be wiped out as easily.

The rags must have had an advance tip off about the scrappig of the £7m annual wage incdrease limit. It's been widely known that they were maxed out on wages and would have to sell to buy and/or increase wages. Then hey presto, hours after it's announced that Rashford gets a new contract on £200,000-£250,000 a week the rule is scrapped.
I was saying that but apparently they would have been OK for another 12 months but then would have had a problem. The argument that FFP regulations are used to protect some clubs and attack others is only strengthened by this change. I wonder if they put out any kind of press release in explanation.

I was saying that but apparently they would have been OK for another 12 months but then would have had a problem. The argument that FFP regulations are used to protect some clubs and attack others is only strengthened by this change. I wonder if they put out any kind of press release in explanation.

Not holding my breath.

Reading comments of articles these days, it appears City fans know way more about the history of the game than Liverpool or United ones, who wont stop using the word history.

Alan28
How did the club nearly go bankrupt in 1989 after Fergie made the biggest spending spree football in England had ever seen then? Why where they desperately trying to sell the debt ridden mess of a club to Micheal Knighton even though he didn't have a pot to wee in? Why do all rags live in a World of imagination?
I wasn't aware of this but I checked it out and he's spot on.

1989-90 Topflight Transfers

They did invest heavily just before the 90s arrived, to stand them in good stead to benefit from the influx in cash(maybe they got a tip off that they would be able to pay off the debts they incurred here?). Fergie broke previous spending records in 1989-90. They spent £10.10m that season(close to £9m net spend) when a lot of topflight clubs were barely breaking £1m mark, furthermore what were considered big spenders at the time, were spending between £2-3m maximum that season and normally with some big sales to allow for it. Tottenham's spending the season before must have been seen as excessive for the time, when they bought Gascoigne for £4.8m but their net spend was only £3.2m.

In short United blew previous transfer windows out of the water and it wasn't like they were anywhere near the biggest club, they had just finished 11th place going into that transfer window and hadn't won the title in 22years. After that we all know the story with the formation of the Premier League and uneven splits. "Earned not bought" though...

Last edited:
Reading comments of articles these days, it appears City fans know way more about the history of the game than Liverpool or United ones, who wont stop using the word history.

They did invest heavily just before the 90s arrived, to stand them in good stead to benefit from the influx in cash(maybe they got a tip off that they would be able to pay off the debts they incurred here?). Fergie broke previous spending records in 1989-90. They spent £10.10m that season(close to £9m net spend) when a lot of topflight clubs were barely breaking £1m mark, furthermore what were considered big spenders at the time, were spending between £2-3m maximum that season and normally with some big sales to allow for it. Tottenham's spending the season before must have been seen as excessive for the time, when they bought Gascoigne for £4.8m but their net spend was only £3.2m.

In short United blew previous transfer windows out of the water and it wasn't like they were anywhere near the biggest club, they had just finished 11th place going into that transfer window and hadn't won the title in 22years. After that we all know the story with the formation of the Premier League and uneven splits. "Earned not bought" though...

Gary James will tell you far more detailed than I, but I'm sure the Rags took out a massive loan, that - if success hadn't happened - would have seriously put them on their arse.

Gary James will tell you far more detailed than I, but I'm sure the Rags took out a massive loan, that - if success hadn't happened - would have seriously put them on their arse.
If Magnier and McManus hadn't happened you mean.

The frequently quoted stat is that United were spending 160% of revenues on players. That was totally unsustainable but then they floated on the Stock Exchange, became a plc and the Premier League and Champions League riches started rolling in. If not for all that they'd have done a Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.