UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can assess the evidence in the light of UEFA's FFP regs then I would be quite confident based on information that's already in the public domain. Many journalists have already decided City's guilt based on their affiliation and prejudice.

Rule 57 of the CAS procedural code starts with the following sentence :

R57 Scope of Panel’s Review – Hearing
The Panel has full power to review the facts and the law.

I read that as meaning CAS can rule on the evidential facts as well as procedural matters.

that's a very interesting read, particularly the 10 year battle through the ECHR, and deferment of sanctions until such time as due process is complete. That was a fairly simple case too, involving 1 man and a (with respect) minor club in a minor league.

Our situation is obviously more complex and has significantly greater implications.

I fucking hate the guy but one paragraph stuck out to me which I never really thought about but would have to agree with

"There is no guarantee City will be granted a suspension of their ban when they apply for it in the coming days at the same time as any appeal. The decision - made by a Cas official - will be based on an assessment of the merits of City's appeal, so this initial decision will give a strong indication of their prospects."

But he wasn't smart enough to have sensitive financial conversations on a secure encrypted system as happens in major organisations across the world and even in small local authorities who handle residents' confidential financial data but not on an open email system. We can all agreee that we have been stitched up by UEFA but this whole farce has been a failure of management.
Undoubtably. Business managagement fails across the world because they do not understand IT. Indeed, I can count the number of senior execs I have met that understand IT on two fingers (and I have met rather a lot over the last 25 years).

Exactly, having gone back and watched and read the evidence you are right. The money has come from AD revenues so while not directly funded by SM he and his assets (ADUG) have been benefactors of this and have used it to their advantage. They have breached FFP on a technicality. What City are appealing here is that UEFA would not listen to any evidence and had reached a punishment before the investigation began. If they are successful in this appeal they will have their sanction reduced but not removed. They are guilty on a technicality whether we like it or not and have made a huge error of judgment and have deliberately played UEFA's system. FFP is unfair as it ensures that world football is dominated by certain clubs.

Their own ignorance and contempt in which they hold UEFA has put us in a right mess. I just can't believe that our owners have been so stupid as to have these type of conversations by unencrypted email that could easily be hacked. Unbelievable.

Can you say where the evidence is as UEFA have said it won't be released before the CAS verdict

Could you also clarify the technicality that the club breached

If the evidence that UEFA didn't examine shows that City are innocent of all charges CAS WILL rule in Citys favour

I not having that, they would have known the 'rules', its more how the rules have been applied

That's what I mean, they don't like or agree with UEFA rules because it stops them from doing what they want to do so choose to be ignorant towards them and trying to use technicalities to avoid being caught out except they have been caught out this time.

Am I missing something? I don't know anything about Syed other than him being fairly handy at the old whiff whaff, but how does any of what you posted preclude him from potentially being racist?

It was the description of Syed as a "middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women" that I was challenging. Agree that his ethnic origin does not mean that he cannot not hold racist views but the statement in bold is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.