UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA likely think they have covered for any discrepancies with the "We failed to be cooperative with the investigation " charge.

We will get the blame
They have to show that.
Did they read our submission?
Why did Leterme refuse to discuss leaks?
Plenty of non cooperation from Uefa.

Are you referring to the original sanction? I'm on about this current sanction (subject to CAS ruling).

As I understand it the original fine was £47M of which £31M was returned when we met certain criteria the year after.

As I understand it there are no payments made on a UEFA fine they simply withhold it from you winnings.

So on the “pinch” they withheld in the next season 33% of whatever value the fine was

It was also agreed that as long as we were compliant with the other terms of the agreement over years 2 and 3 the “fine” would not be deducted from our winnings.

All that and other things were wrapped up in a watertight agreement including “full and final” settlement - I hope.

Since we took the pinch we have passed FFP every year without a hitch.

Plus we are the current longest consecutive entrant from PL into CL .... so one of the big four is hurting because we took a BILLION pounds or more from them.

How UEFA got to Friday without producing one piece of factual evidence is completely beyond me.

I believe the above to be the case - feel free to correct as I’m not looking for argument

Come on City

If CAS are ruling on the UEFA due diligence and process, failing to read our compiled evidence etc and find them guilty, then surely they must fully overturn? If it’s not about FFP itself, that will go to an actual court, likely Switzerland.

It’s black and white this, the more I think about it. If they’ve botched their own investigation work then CAS have to throw this away. How could they possibly reduce the punishment if they rule in our favour?

It has to be all or nothing, surely?

I thought that too, if we are right then it shouldnt be reduced it should be completely taken away. But i think even if UEFA are right then the punishment is too harsh, and so CAS will reduce it?

Both City and UEFA get to pick one sitting judge each on a panel of three.

It will come down to who the 'independent' is.
It will be whoever UEFA pay for it to be.

Seriously though, there seems little point in picking one each. They’re obviously going to side with whoever picked them... that’s why they are picking them! Having just one ‘independent’ opens it up for corruption. But I suppose that’s how they like it.

Should be 3 picks by CAS.

If CAS are ruling on the UEFA due diligence and process, failing to read our compiled evidence etc and find them guilty, then surely they must fully overturn? If it’s not about FFP itself, that will go to an actual court, likely Switzerland.

It’s black and white this, the more I think about it. If they’ve botched their own investigation work then CAS have to throw this away. How could they possibly reduce the punishment if they rule in our favour?

It has to be all or nothing, surely?

Damn right!

all-or-nothing-pep-banner.jpg

I'm with you on that - I was thinking exactly the same earlier. City took the pinch no doubt on the understanding that it was an honourable agreement which suited both parties to get it out of the way. As it turns out, there's no honour or principles within UEFA & it's cartel. They change their own rules to suit the chosen few. Now that PSG and the Qatari riches are in the tent pissing out we are very much alone and unless we take UEFA on this time they will keep coming for us at every opportunity they can contrive. Like it or not, I believe it's Shit or Bust time.

I can see why we took the pinch but I think we naively thought the talk of FFP would disappear with the acceptance. In reality, nothing changed. We have been battered from pillar to post for FFP ever since. I know it is easy to say in hindsight but we should have challenged FFP back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.