UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are yet too many variables to consider whilst waiting for any outcome that CAS may come up with.

All I can see on the surface is that UEFA for their own purposes, have seemingly singled out City as a pariah and in doing so have made what I believe to be a monumental blunder in siding on the course of 'discipline' that they have.

Sometimes individuals and groups get so infuriated and frustrated over certain events that they set in motion a series of calamitous and unreasonable responses to the smallest perceived 'affront'. A common sense approach would be to have called a meeting asking for City's bottom line, for them to say 'sorry', here's a few bob for the charity box...and a promise to never be evil again. But no, they've lost it, lost their composure, lost their sense of even-handedness, of even, reality.

The guy in Portugal may have been acting on his own singular crusade and off-loading his harvest to the lowest principled media outlet he could find, but somehow, I doubt it. A hacker tends to have deep issues over something known as 'morals' borne from a cesspit of incomplete information and carries headlong into creating as much havoc as they can, a hacker's life is driven purely by ego, and their ego is as brittle and as thin as an eggshell, as any person's or organisation's is, even more so. This guy is in deep with authorities, some of their ire will stick on him, but with regard to his actions over City...nothing? It could have been an inside job? Who knows...

Doesn't matter, we, City, from a UEFA's perspective, on the surface, had got away with 'hoodwinking' a bunch of cast iron rules, put into place by them who sees themselves as THE custodians of the game. They are sole custodians of Truth and Honesty, indeed, of 'Fair Play' in all things football. UEFA see the email trail as something close and akin to treason. And that they were going to deal with these pariahs, 'interlopers', in such a way that it will forever deter anyone else from even thinking of breaking their precious commandments that make up the new religion/creed that is FFP.

They have gone where none have gone before with their punishment on the vile underhanded owners of a club hated by many loved by few.

For me, now that they've decided to look into accounts that they have already poured over before, is just further indication that their ire hasn't yet been quelled. They want more than blood from a stone they want the whole body consumed and cast aside, 'How dare they or ANYONE undermine US, the keepers of all things 'right'.

It is clear City's arrival on the scene has stirred a nest, it's even clearer that their rapid growth has stoked the flames of fury even higher. The problem as we all know with emotions, they can often lead us down a road unforeseen...UEFA rather than acting out of impulse to a perceived act of deception should have really stepped back from the brink they've created for themselves.

I believe that City know how angry they've made them, they've been complicit in fuelling the fire by going to CAS BEFORE there was any results of further 'investigations'. Knowing full well they were pouring still more oil on a raging organisation all out to engulf them.

Whatever the outcome, it will not be the final outcome that UEFA envisaged. Their grip on the future of football in Europe and heading it is very precarious, their tantrum may see them yet have no grip at all...all they'd needed to have done is to have seen 'common sense', they didn't because they can't and never have, they are to be obeyed as their creed demands...

City, will never die, it will never crumble, it has a base of fans who have known what real life can do, kick you when you're down and then rubs salt into the wounds, but a Sergio moment washes it all away ..still yet they follow the blue, because of our own history is mixed in with our club and we face together and go through whatever challenges and glories that may happen...our owners seem to be as bloody minded as their supporters can be... have even shown a streak of, shall I say, 'dubious' humour-'? Why else go to CAS before proceedings began- wind 'em further? whether they like it or not we are part of them, they will fight the cause...our cause...because we all are forever blue, forever City.

My big question will CAS be okay with how Uefa opened the new case against us after the Der Spiegel promoting the hacked/stolen emails?

I dont think CAS had any similar case regarding Uefa/FFP earlier that had hacked/stolen data as proof or become a basis of an investigation at least I dont remember one.

That is the very first thing our expensive legal team has to explore imo.
I think the argument around the fact of the emails being stolen is a red herring personally. The context of the emails having been referred to by UEFA might not be, but that is a separate argument, and I don’t see the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine applying here. Also, from a reputational point of view, it would be the worst line of argument to succeed on, as it would be widely viewed as escaping on a technicality, so I personally think it’s the very last thing our ‘legal team’ (utterly wank expression btw) should be exploring, not least because it’s common ground between the parties that the emails were stolen. What is there to explore?

Last edited:
Can you take anyone serious who tweets this, after what this shitstain of a club has done throughout the years and still does.

It's a pity we don't see the rest of the picture. Is it a picture to show this poor man's Gerson scoring or is someone's head just about to 'kop' a few studs in the ear after said Anfield hero has watch a video of Kuyt in the Mersey derby of yesteryear.

Did we leak this to Martin Blackburn?

The huge UEFA cloud hovering over Manchester City has a £369 million Silver Lake lining. The US investment firm paid that sum for a 10% share in the CFG. All cash has been paid up front and gone straight into CFG coffers – rather than Sheikh Mansour’s pocket. [@SunMartinB]

I dont get this, SL investment is not an income for Man City on the books is it?

It doesnt do anything for us in terms of balancing our books in case of CL ban.
Sounds like we have planted that story and we are sticking two fingers up to the world by saying where it has gone.

Was it wise then not to take Ceferin's deal? The down side is enormous. Tempting to think that City must be very confident CAS will rule in our favour.

Good point. City must have been absolutely certain of their position to refuse the olive branch offered by Ceferin. It is hardly surprising that the media analysis has not focused on this development as an indication of our alleged innocence but that doesn't mean it is any less relevant.

A lot has been said about the fact that UEFA went from offering a token fine to a seismic punishment. I fully expect City to argue that this demonstrates the arbitrary and unstructured nature of the UEFA disciplinary process, that it indeed is not fair and it is open to outside influences. The AC has been described as "semi-independent" but that is not "independent" and fatally undermines any claims that we have had a fair hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.