UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nvestigation-into-abu-dhabi-sponsors-football

This is our friend Conn’s latest article.

He argues that UEFA were duped about Etihad being able to fund the sponsorship deal. He alleges that, in the event, Sheikh Monsour covered the debt.

Consequently, according to Conn, Etihad should now be treated as a ”related party” and the fair value of the sponsorship subjected to scrutiny.

If re-valued downwards, that would affect our accounts on an ongoing basis, not just up to 2016. He’s raising this as a new spectre.

In effect it’s a slightly re-packaged frightener on his part, not based on new evidence or revelations.

That’s my take FWIW.

Last edited:
Watched the interview with Ian Cheeseman and Prestwich blue and the gist of it was that CAS can't overturn the decision but can mediate a lesser punishment, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Yes, wrong end of the stick. After everyone has had their say, CAS declare their recommendation - uphold, reduce or complete overturn. I guess UEFA could choose to ignore it but that wouldn't look good in the inevitable legal cases that follow.

That's how I see it anyway.

Can you take anyone serious who tweets this, after what this shitstain of a club has done throughout the years and still does.

Yes like inventing an imaginary stadium to get round financial fair play and hacking a rivals intellectual property.

Not hard to fact check that to debunk that article.

Who knows. Wheneveryyou go into court it's head to pedict the outcome. Who thought OJ Simpson would walk free?

I think we have a reasonably strong case on procedural grounds alone but whether that will be enough for City I dont know, as people will see it merely as getting off on a technicality. They may want to go onto the front foot and take the fight further.

Quietly hoping they want to take it all the way, Colin, one question that keeps coming to me and I am sure at some point I have seen it mentioned in an official document of some sort is, if we take any on any 'legal' battle with UEFA does that mean we cannot participate in any of their comps at the time? I could be making that up but i'm bloody sure i've read it somewhere in the past.

Watched the interview with Ian Cheeseman and Prestwich blue and the gist of it was that CAS can't overturn the decision but can mediate a lesser punishment, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Yes. They can uphold the decision fully, reject it fully or uphold it in part but send it back to UEFA with a recommendation about the sanction or some other aspect.

Henry Winter wrote this in January last year when the dippers were 7 points clear and just before City beat them.

Every supporter should celebrate if Liverpool triumph

Most of the article is hidden behind the Times' paywall but the title of the article tells you everything you need to kow.
It's almost entirely about their off field, non-football related, community actions. There's nothing particular you could disagree with, and most of the comparisons are done using Arsenal as an example (we barely get a mention except in terms of the league chase, in which he turned out to be prophetic).

For those not in the know you can sign up and get free access to an article or two every month. There doesn't appear to be a limit on how many accounts you can set up either.

Thanks for the clarification bud, I watched the video on my phone when the grandkids were playing in the living room so my concentration wasn't at its best.

you would be mad to send your evidence to UEFA an organisation that leaks like a sieve, it would be all over the press in hours !
You're probably right, but we need to present evidence to CAS which means UEFA will get it too. In any investigation of a quasi legal issue, you have to present evidence. If you can't rely on confidentiality being kept, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.